Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

TheMalibuCrew.com

WakingMeHappy

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• WakeGirl

• Ronnie

• Malibudude

• Bill_AirJunky

any idea how many people would show up for a national WOW, there are what, 10,000+ members.

it might be better to have some regional WOW's (in the same year) to gauge the turnout for a national one in, maybe, the following year??

A national WOW would be a lot of boats.

1)This thread is really cool!

2)As much as I would LOVE to attend a national WOW in Texas its probably just not in the cards for me.

3)Thanks so much to everyone who has anything to do with keeping this site up and running. It really is one of my top 3 reasons for never owning anything but a Malibu ever again!!!

:werule:

I'm all in for a National WOW....in Loudon :whistle: and would be willing to do all I could to help put it together. It would be interesting to hear what Malibu has to say about this now. Tracy, how long ago was it when Malibu offered their support if it was near one of their facilities? What does anyone know about Tellico Lake? I'm assuming that's where they do all their on the water testing, demos, R&D, etc.

This thread brings back some good memories. I was part of MBO when I had my Sporty! :thumbup:

What about Allatoona Lake in NW Georgia. That's actually where I am and can help setup whatever we would need. I'm thinking it's definitely big enough to support a large WOW and I think it's roughly 75 miles from Chattanooga. Plenty of camping and lodging close by. Lake Hartwell could also be a good host lake. I would mention Lake Blue Ridge too, but I think they have had to draw it down to repair the dam, and I'm not quite sure how long that is going to take.

Either way, I'm in for a WOW in TN or in the southeast. That would be awesome!

:werule:

I'm all in for a National WOW....in Loudon :whistle: and would be willing to do all I could to help put it together. It would be interesting to hear what Malibu has to say about this now. Tracy, how long ago was it when Malibu offered their support if it was near one of their facilities? What does anyone know about Tellico Lake? I'm assuming that's where they do all their on the water testing, demos, R&D, etc.

It was some time back, but I've already got a message to Mark about revisiting the conversation. Things have changed a lot for them, & probably will continue to do so over the next couple of years.

The membership defines what we are about and imho continues to be the pub that not only can you come to get a drink to make new friends you can also get bar none the best info from a variety of walks of life on a huge array of subjects

My MO is to come here, get drunk, and argue.

I will never forget meeting M-Dude in 2001. I had to be sure it was at a public place with lots of people. It was like the prequel to an episode of "To Catch a Predator".

As long as it's called anything "O-Rama", I'm in.

But much more than a regional thing would be tough. I vote to stay regional, wish I could have pulled off the Corey Lake, Michiana one.

As far as the site, I can't imagine not having TMC, I've learned waaayyyyyy more than I ever could otherwise, The Edge would hate me by now. And my 11 year old still says he "taking the Browns to the superbowl" each time he goes, due to a certain thread months back.

Great thread and a cool story.

I stambled onto WSR when I was looking for my first inboard in '05. It was fun to see all the different boats, malibus were the majority by far. For a long time I thought it was a malibu site. Whenever I clicked on malibu boats, the MBO would come up where other brands didn't have a similar page header. That picture of the yellow boat was very nice btw (wakegirl's boat I think).

FWIW I'm addicted to themalibucrew. It's the first thing I check when I get home, sometimes I even chance it at work. The atmosphere is definitely the one of a "local pub". There is also a lot of great info here, I've found answers to many of my questions. Knowing the history of the site, deepens my appreciation for the efforts of the administrators. Thanks for a great forum!

The Crew has become a part of my daily routine as well. I have lost track of all the things I've learned from this site.

Whoever said this site is like a pub is right on. I look forward to "seeing" people and reading their posts every time I log on.

Here's a big THANK YOU to Tracy and all the other Admins for running such a first class site. :thumbup:

...way back when... I remember a thread on WakeWorld.com from Jason (Skicrave) asking for photos of Malibu boats for something that he said "might be pretty cool..." (or words to that effect.) I did not send a pic, but not long after that MBO was on! Before you know it I was spending more time on MBO than WW. As for TMC I think I got an email from Andy (Chathamsolutions)a couple days after MBO went off the air.

I've said it before, this is the most diverse, caring group I've ever belonged to. Truly one of the coolest places on the net!

Thanks to all that make it happen and have kept it going!

Joined up on MBO around '03. Jason (skicrave) did an awesome job of creating a Malibu specific site which offered a lot information specific to malibu boats. the info and experience was hands down awesome. Along with the knowledge was an awesome community which offered more than just boat conversation. I truely learned alot about boating from the site as well as meeting one of my now closest friends whom i wouldn't have met without MBO. I think the original site history brought the current CREW, chadwick whom would still be behind a I/O without the guidance of legrandice. For this I am truely greatful.

Here's a few names from the past that deserve recognition

RUTAT!!!!! (RLX)

JESSE (Tantrum)

CAPTAIN BLOOD (Echolon)

lett me reach back into the past for other references.......

I remember doing the first McClure WOW, gosh I forget the year. Here I was inviting a ton of peeps I met on the internet to my houseboat for a three day weekend. Would could possibly go wrong ? Anyway the rest is history, we had some really good times.

I'll miss the WOW's at Mc Clure but after ten years the houseboating thing was getting old so it was time to sell.

I remember doing the first McClure WOW, gosh I forget the year. Here I was inviting a ton of peeps I met on the internet to my houseboat for a three day weekend. Would could possibly go wrong ? Anyway the rest is history, we had some really good times.

I'll miss the WOW's at Mc Clure but after ten years the houseboating thing was getting old so it was time to sell.

That would be 2003, to make matters more interesting picking up a guy I've never met at the airport to go to some lake to meet up w/ others I've never met....Could have been a David Koresh type of situation.

I loved reading Rutat's posts! He knew all the answers, even if it truely wasn't his own knowledge......

Geez, I remember him from the old rec.waterski newsgroup...... 15 yrs ago?! He knew it all then too. And who was his nemesis? Mark something? Seems like he had a Ski Supreme? They used to get into it a lot there.

Edited by Bill_AirJunky