Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Dumbest Boat I Have Ever Seen

SkiBumPMC

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bill_AirJunky

• KRMartin123

• Pistol Pete

• WakingMeHappy

Nothing a towel dipped in the water then laid over the seat won't fix. That or you could trick it out with those rattan beads that cabbies put on their seats. Those will keep your arse nice and cool!

Anyone ever ride the hydro gate? It was interesting from a marketing perspective but I never gave it a try.

Second random comment: anyone ever see the B-52 from years back that had a foamy like black seat covering? Wasn't vinyl, didn't see it holding up very well but looked comfortable.

The only thing that boat is missing is a giant Mastercraft BYERLY logo, a handful of trust fund twenty-somethings wearing stocking caps on a 90 degree day and a super drunk driver that couldn't clear his own wake if his life depended on it. :biggrin:

Throw a towel down? Yeah, on every seat and backrest (those stay easy) and drivers armrest and gunnels and the sundeck and the carpet and.............. bet the boat would look super sick then. :crazy:

:thumbup: Paints the perfect picture :lol:

It does look good. I just know how hot my light grey seats get i cant imagine solid black.

Second random comment: anyone ever see the B-52 from years back that had a foamy like black seat covering? Wasn't vinyl, didn't see it holding up very well but looked comfortable.

Yea, wasn't that a joke!? There was a couple of those boats on Sammamish. Even in the Seattle "sunshine", that interior only lasted about 5 or 6 yrs. They faded pretty quickly & looked stupid till any holes showed up.

I still have emotional and physical scars from my CJ-7 with black seats. I have to go and assume the fetal position in a corner now...

I too have those (twitch) scars, from my '79 CJ-7 (twitch). I remember after I got it and went to the beach, (twitch, twitch) hopping back in that car shirtless and in swim trunks (shudder). And then driving down the highway (twitch) with my chest on the steering wheel and my left leg on the dash...and my (twitch) right thigh searing as I tip toe the gas.

So I'd love to hang out on that boat, but would never own it. Mostly I like the carpet, it's a great idea to add a pattern.

I too have those (twitch) scars, from my '79 CJ-7 (twitch). I remember after I got it and went to the beach, (twitch, twitch) hopping back in that car shirtless and in swim trunks (shudder). And then driving down the highway (twitch) with my chest on the steering wheel and my left leg on the dash...and my (twitch) right thigh searing as I tip toe the gas.

So I'd love to hang out on that boat, but would never own it. Mostly I like the carpet, it's a great idea to add a pattern.

I'm a huge fan of anything all blacked out. I'd rock the hell out of that thing. :rockon:

The only thing that boat is missing is a giant Mastercraft BYERLY logo, a handful of trust fund twenty-somethings wearing stocking caps on a 90 degree day and a super drunk driver that couldn't clear his own wake if his life depended on it. Biggrin.gif

ROFL.gif So true!! (see my thread "pet peeves")

Nothing a towel dipped in the water then laid over the seat won't fix. That or you could trick it out with those rattan beads that cabbies put on their seats. Those will keep your arse nice and cool!

I'd have a hard time spending that type of cash only to drape it in towels and make it look like a cheap clothes line in the Bronx.

i can see a definite split of old guys vs young guys on this one.

to call the boat totally useless is quite the stretch.

it is a show boat, people. just like a show car, it if fashion over function. get over it. they company is just trying to show their customization prowess.

...and yes, I own an all black boat in Texas and cannot count how many black/black cars I have owned in my life. you gotta pay to play.

I bet that boat doesn't sell to anyone that is serious about boating!!! Anyone willing to wager? I might consider it if the interior was light gray, but all black "that is just plain STUPID"

Now we just need to have a pic of someone in a batman costume throwin a batwing to have the GREATEST pic in all of wakeboarding

Edited by ryansgt

Very custom boat. It was the toast of the show in Indy a few years ago. It would be flaming hot on the days we've had lately. However with the kids jumping off the boat and hurrying up to do it again and again...not sure it would be a factor. All I can think of is waterspots!

I too think it looks good, but definitely not for me. It actually reminds me of this post http://75.126.40.92/viewtopic.php?t=46491&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0&sid=dad4b3b34cbe177c1a25999649911ac2 from a couple years back. I'd be curious to know how hot the vinyl actually is, there are two good posts in that wakeboarder.com thread on thermal conductivity of different materials. Not saying it's true, but could be possible if it were a special kind of vinyl that it's not as hot as most of you think.

Edited by sp0tts

Someone over on the MC forum says their newer (2010 I think) has silver and black accents in the interior. They claim the silver is too hot to touch, but the black is fine for lounging on. I guess it depends on the material used. (Duh.)

Anyone ever sat in the newer BMW 3-series convertibles. BMW puts some UV protectant crap on their seats so they don't heat up, and it really works. If you coated that black vinyl with it, I bet it would be cooler than any of our white vinyl. Theres a solution to everything.

Edited by TrickyNicky

Guess it depends on where you float your boat. In AZ, where I go, you'd get laughed at. Last time we saw an all black Magic boat and it got a lot of looks and pointing but they were looks like 'check out at that idiot in the all black boat'.