Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Footing

slalom196

how is the 2009 malibu respose lxi for barefooting i weigh 160 lbs.

If you don't care about a choppy curl and a crappy wake it's ok. The hull change after 2006 on the responses sucks for footing, IMO.

I am not a barefooter but most say the 07 and newer RLXI do not make a good footen boat. 2009 will be on the Cut Diamond haul the older Diamond hull is a better footen boat.

If your just going to ski in the curl you should be fine. If your going to practice wakes it's no good. In 07 they would not allow the malibu to pull wake slalom in some tournaments if that give you any indication. :whistle:

If you don't care about a choppy curl and a crappy wake it's ok. The hull change after 2006 on the responses sucks for footing, IMO.

may want to differentiate between the response and the response lxi.

while i don't care for the lxi bf wake there are not many bf wakes better than the response.

may want to differentiate between the response and the response lxi.

while i don't care for the lxi bf wake there are not many bf wakes better than the response.

The OP said LXi so I was referring to that version. :)

The Response and Response LX are "special" order boats.

The OP said LXi so I was referring to that version. :)

The Response and Response LX are "special" order boats.

Different subject than this thread, but the Response and Response LX are not special order boats. They are normal full production boats, order-able by any dealer in the world, just like all models. The only difference is Malibu does not advertise these two models. Some of us still stock them as well.

Peter

Different subject than this thread, but the Response and Response LX are not special order boats. They are normal full production boats, order-able by any dealer in the world, just like all models. The only difference is Malibu does not advertise these two models. Some of us still stock them as well.

Peter

True. off topic. My dealer says there is no way they would ever stock them. If you want one, you have to order it.

OFF TOPIC: some more: Hey Peter. How many Responses and RLX's would you say that Malibu produces a year simply for stock?

Edited by areamike
  • 2 weeks later...

Peter

How fast is your response in stock with the LS-3 engine.