Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Dewinterization- need help finding correct electrical connection

I had my boat winterized last November and haven't touched it until today (just got back from Afghanistan). The shop did the winterization. I found all the hoses that needed to be hooked back up, put in the drain plugs, put the brass block drain plug back in, but I am missing one thing. I have a single light blue wire dangling beside my starter with some sort of quick connect plug on the end of it, but I can't find where it would connect to. I assume it is some sort of sensor wire and assume that the dealership unhooked it so the boat couldn't be started without properly being dewinterized. I am hoping to head out to the lake tomorrow and the shop is closed right now. Any ideas? 2004 WS 23LSV with Monsoon 340. Thx!

It could be nothing at all. I have a few wires on my boat that serve no purpose. I’m guessing they were intended for add-ons. I want to say cranking it up and watch your gages, but someone here would probably slam me for saying it…so I won’t.

knock sensor that gets removed to drain the block on the drivers side the wire attaches to it

:plus1:

Although mine is on the passenger side. I guess it just depends if you have a DD or VD.

Thanks everyone. Yes, it turned out to be the knock sensor. The shop forgot to put it in the bag of parts they tied to the steering wheel after winterizing. Thanks to your help, I knew what to ask for without towing the boat 75 miles to the dealership. Picked one up this morning and runs great. Thanks again!