Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

New Member: wanted to say hello

Hey Guys (and girls),

I just wanted to swing in and introduce myself. I just bought a 2002 Sportster LX with the 310 Carb'd engine, and am excited to finally be in to a ski boat. I got a pretty good deal on it because it was dirty and just needed some love. I had been in the market for a while and couldnt pass her up. It had been sitting for a year or more so it needs a little love, but I'll show you where I've gotten so far. First thing I did was clean her up, change the oil, spark plugs, and drain the old gas out and swapped it for new gas+ stabil. Its still running a little rough so I'm doing the fuel filter tomorrow. Anyway, enough of the rambling... here she is:

Before:

boat1.jpg

After:

boat6.jpg

Welcome ... nice boat ... where are you located?

Guess I should have mentioned that. The wife and I ust bought a new house on Lake Anna in Virginia. Had to get a boat since it came with a slip ;-)

Sure could have used you on the site about 2 months ago. I just bought my boat from a guy on Lake Anna and was looking for someone to check her out for me. It all ended well because The Malibu Crew rocks and someone drove out to see her for me.

Anyway, welcome! Congrats on such a nice looking boat!! Yahoo.gif

Sure could have used you on the site about 2 months ago. I just bought my boat from a guy on Lake Anna and was looking for someone to check her out for me. It all ended well because The Malibu Crew rocks and someone drove out to see her for me.

Anyway, welcome! Congrats on such a nice looking boat!! Yahoo.gif

Thanks for the compliments on the boat. It will get better when i can get the last few details changed on it...but I'm pretty happy where it's at considering the state it was in.

I am the type of guy who would go look at a boat for a complete stranger... haha. Glad you found another. :rockon:

Boy does that boat look familiar doesn't it Martin! :lol:

Welcome Big Tuna, I have the same "EXACT" boat that I just got in May, I have some pics somewhere on my profile, you'll have to check them out. Anyhow these guys on here know more about my boat than I do but if you need anthing PM me and I'll shoot you my number, your gonna love it!

Boy does that boat look familiar doesn't it Martin! :lol:

Welcome Big Tuna, I have the same "EXACT" boat that I just got in May, I have some pics somewhere on my profile, you'll have to check them out. Anyhow these guys on here know more about my boat than I do but if you need anthing PM me and I'll shoot you my number, your gonna love it!

Be careful what you wish for. I have some minor mechanical bugs to work out, so you may be hearing from me! :rofl: But on a serious note, you are right, because i have already fallen in love with it.

Be careful what you wish for. I have some minor mechanical bugs to work out, so you may be hearing from me! :rofl: But on a serious note, you are right, because i have already fallen in love with it.

There are guys on this site that could probably put these boats together in there sleep, whatever you have wrong will get figured out, seriously if you need anything I have either already started a thread and have an answer for you or have searched the threads and can get you in the ballpark, and if not start your own thread and look out cause solutions will start a fly'in! :clap:

There are guys on this site that could probably put these boats together in there sleep, whatever you have wrong will get figured out, seriously if you need anything I have either already started a thread and have an answer for you or have searched the threads and can get you in the ballpark, and if not start your own thread and look out cause solutions will start a fly'in! :clap:

Nowthat's what I like to hear! :yahoo:

Welcome to the boards. I wish my house was on the lake with a slip. Congratulations on both!

Thanks! We definitely consider ourselves blessed.

Nice! Gotta love the yellow boats. New trailer? Did the guy provide a reason for putting that ridiculous windshield decal on? I bought mine under similar circumstances, dirty & beat up and now looking/working well. Congrats!

Whereabouts on Lake Anna?

I live in Tall Pines, its the subdivision directly across from Pleasure Island... If you know where that is. We have the big community area with about 100 boat slips that sits near the power lines. Where do you tend to go?

:welcome: to the crew :werule: Big Tuna, is that a reference to your tower or the show "The Office", which is freakin' hilarious btw!!

We are avid Office devotees, and it plays a part. The boat is yellow, along with most tuna, so I named it that. The tower is an ECI (Skylon) swoop tower. Plus I just liked the name. I made a reference one day to a buddy that I named it that for other reasons, where my wife promptly piped up with... you mean your little minnow. Haha! :crazy:

Nice! Gotta love the yellow boats. New trailer? Did the guy provide a reason for putting that ridiculous windshield decal on? I bought mine under similar circumstances, dirty & beat up and now looking/working well. Congrats!

Brand new trailer, the old boatmate had rotted out from underneath it. nice... The boat had all kinds of stupid stuff like that windshield tinit on it, to include those little bullet holes all over it. That all came off the day she got home. I'm still working out some bugs with the carb and fuel system from it sitting so long, but over all were pretty happy with it! :yahoo:

We are avid Office devotees, and it plays a part. The boat is yellow, along with most tuna, so I named it that. The tower is an ECI (Skylon) swoop tower. Plus I just liked the name. I made a reference one day to a buddy that I named it that for other reasons, where my wife promptly piped up with... you mean your little minnow. Haha! :crazy:

:rofl: I've got a comeback to that for you but it's not real appropriate :biggrin: I've heard Lake Anna is sweet, I'm gonna check how far it is from Charlotte, NC, might be a road trip in the future.

:rofl: I've got a comeback to that for you but it's not real appropriate :biggrin: I've heard Lake Anna is sweet, I'm gonna check how far it is from Charlotte, NC, might be a road trip in the future.

its about 300 miles according to google. It a great lake... we even have a "wakeboard alley". Just dont tell anybody (haha), and try to come mid week if you can. The weekends get pretty crowded.