Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

WEIRD NOISE COMING FROM TRANS AREA

HI my 06 Vride is making a gurgle noise by the trans area on my boat when I start it and put it in forward. After a few minutes it seems to go away boat runs fine but I have never heard it before. any ideas on wht this could be??

I had a similar sound on my 2006 Vride and it was the damper plate. It surfaced at about 250 hours. There is a very good thread somewhere on this site that describes the problem and how to fix it. I did it by myself and it took a good afternoon about 5 hours.

I was told the motor would have to be removed to get to the damper plate but again I don't know what it is almost afraid I really cant spend more at the marina... Do you remember the thread it was under?

Well I guess I'm gunna bring it over to my marina and have them listen to this noise. I haven't lost any power and nothing seems to be slipping, just a very weird noise almost sounds like a draining ballast, then disappears after 5 min while warming up. I don't get it, also don't trust the marina so much, rather fix it myself.

I had a similar sound on my 2006 Vride and it was the damper plate. It surfaced at about 250 hours. There is a very good thread somewhere on this site that describes the problem and how to fix it. I did it by myself and it took a good afternoon about 5 hours.

Which damper plate did you use? Indmar (GM) or the HD model from SkiDim?