Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Storing wakeboard in the garage

MalibuNation

I use these screw in rubber coated hooks that I found at Home Depot in the garage organization aisle. They stick out about 10" or so from the wall, so two of them work great for holding wakeboards. I just pre-drilled a hole and screwed them right into two studs.

That's funny, I finally finished my storage area. I started with a grid closet piece to hang the lifejackets. The wake skate sits on that. Then I ran 10" lag screws into the wall and covered them with 1" PVC to make nice pegs. All our other boards go on those (4 sets of pegs). I pre-drilled the studs to make sure the lags went in straight.

However, I think txdyna65's setup from the other thread would have been easier to do.

I use these screw in rubber coated hooks that I found at Home Depot in the garage organization aisle. They stick out about 10" or so from the wall, so two of them work great for holding wakeboards. I just pre-drilled a hole and screwed them right into two studs.

:plus1:

MalibuNation

I have a limited amount of room ... some reason garages and basements tend to shink after 19 years in the same place. I was at Menards and this looked interesting (might have to copy and paste it into your browser):

http://www.rubbermaid.com/Category/Pages/SubCategoryLanding.aspx?SubCatId=FastTrackGarageOrganizationSystem&CatName=GarageOrganization

What I might try is to run 2 ropes from wall to wall and put the board on the rope. Have it high enough so I don't hit it with my head or my car, yet low enough to not need a ladder.

I did exactly what txdyna65 did in post #2 of this discussion in the last picture. I just used 1/2" PVC to create the frame, covered the forks in pipe insulation (for cushioning) and then mounted it to the wall with 4 screw-in hooks. It cost me about $15 in materials and it works like a charm.