Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Power wedge issues???

tchood

Hey all

Just got an email from a boat seller saying they opted for the manual wedge on their 08 LSV due to the power wedges having so many problems?

I am shopping for a new boat 04-07 and had considered the power wedge one of the main reason to get into a newer boat, but if they are indead problematic maybe i should save my money and stay with an 04 or 05.

Anybody heard of all of these power wedge problems??? Is the power wedge worth the extra money?

Hey all

Just got an email from a boat seller saying they opted for the manual wedge on their 08 LSV due to the power wedges having so many problems?

I am shopping for a new boat 04-07 and had considered the power wedge one of the main reason to get into a newer boat, but if they are indead problematic maybe i should save my money and stay with an 04 or 05.

Anybody heard of all of these power wedge problems??? Is the power wedge worth the extra money?

Like anything there have been issues with the power wedge but I wouldn't say its a trend. In fact they seem to be pretty bullet proof by the sounds of it so I wouldn't hesitate the least.

The power wedge will give you that extra adjustability which will prove itself most useful for surfing I'd imagine. The manual wedge is still great, just lacks that adjustability. Any 07 and newer manual wedge is the floating wedge which very few have had any problems with.

It's personal preference, the power wedge is a bit better for a bit more but *could* carry problems. The manual wedge does exactly what you expect it too and will never let you down.

I own a manual floating wedge and if I were buying used I wouldn't mind either.

Hey all

I've had both and much prefer the power wedge due to the adjustability of it.

I am on my second boat with the power wedge and I have had no issues at all. Now and then I hear of owners with wedge problems. I never hear anything from owners with no problems, and I suspect they are the great majority. I could not imagine having a boat without a power wedge. It is the greatest wake shaping device known to man.

just up at the lake for last week and my buddies 07 20' vtx (i think it is a VTX - diamond hull) was out of commish because his power wedge was down for the second time.

soooo...we just used mine with the floating wedge Whistling.gifWhistling.gif

Guys the amount of problems the PW has had are minor, not infallible, but a few have some issues and suddenly the PW is a problem. Lenco Marine updated the actuators in '08 to strengthen them, mine are updated, with at lease 200 hours (99% of that ride time) on them used virtually every weekend not an issue. If adjustment was never a benefit the floating wedge is the next best thing and surfing behind it on a VLX is every capable as the PW. To me the PW is best for wakeboarding to customize the wake for differing preferences. If your looking at selling two boats everything equal the PW would most likely sell first.