Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

May buy a 2006 sunscape sunsetter

amvamax

We are looking for a boat for the whole family: wakeboard, ski, tube etc. Found a guy who is selling his '06 Sunscape 21 LSV for around 42k - around 75 hours. Please let me know what you think of this deal. Thanks.

Edited by amvamax

Havent shopped around or looked much, but that seems kinda steep for what it is. Low hours like that are nice, but a boat that has been sitting for a while is also something to be a little cautious of. What does it have for options and tower? Location? Dealer or private? Need more info than what you gave us. Poke on boattrader and only inboads and see what else you can get for that kind of money? A 21LSV is a good family and crossover boat.

Wrap around seating

Heated driver seat

Cockpit heater

Power stainless wedge

Precision pro cruise control

340 HP Malibu Inmar Monsoon engine

V-Drive propulsion

Silent ride mufflers

Sirius-satellite, AM FM radio, with CD player

Kicker 6" coaxial speakers

Digital dashboard display

Matching Malibu dual axle trailer with optional mag wheels, LED lights & folding tongue

Folding Wakeboard tower (to fit into any garage)

Wakeboard rack with custom swivel

Removable refreshment table

Chrome billet glove box door

Stainless steel cup holders

Pop-up cleats

Dual battery system with on/off switch

Automatic bilge pump

Flip up driver's bolster seat

Carpeted storage compartments

Convex rear view mirror

In floor ski/wakeboard locker

Depth finder with alarm

Theatre style LED interior lighting

Walk-through windshield

Bow filler cushion

Pop-up bow lights

Docking lights

Port & starboard fuel fillers

Sunbrella mooring cover

Tonneau snap cover

Fiberglass swim platform

We are looking for a boat for the whole family: wakeboard, ski, tube etc. Found a guy who is selling his '06 Sunscape 21 LSV for around 42k - around 75 hours. Please let me know what you think of this deal. Thanks.

From what I have been seeing these last few months. That price is very very and I mean very aggressive. Do yourself a favor and look a little harder you will find a lot of sunscaps on the market with a lot more options and at a much better price than 42K. No idea your location, or how far you are willing to travel to take a look at a boat? Great time of year to start to look. Good luck.

Great family boat! Not as good a ski boat as pre-'05 Sunscape, but probably a little better

for wakeboarding and surfing.

But, FWIW, the base price on that boat, in 2006, was only $35K (or at least that's what I paid,

and I don't think my dealer was giving me some super special deal). Add $3 for the trailer

[maybe a little more if it's an Extreme (Malibu actually doesn't make trailers)]. I added an

Illusion tower with bimini for under $4K.

The power wedge was another $3K upgrade. The Monsoon was, IIRC, maybe a $1400 upgrade. The chrome

billet glove box door was $200. Pop up bow light, dual battery, satellite radio, heated driver's

seat, heater, docking lights, LED lighting, and snap cover are all true upgrades, but the rest of

that list was standard on that boat.

I'm pretty sure that that boat was less than $48-50K brand new (I could have purchased a VLX

on a diamond hull for $52K). So, now it's a 5 year old boat (the 2011's are out). I just think

that it's priced a bit too high. You should be able to find a comparable boat in the mid $30K

range.

Good luck. Be patient.