Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Towing a Kneeboarder

G-Mack

So... I have broadened my arsenal of tools to allow more people to get involved in the waterside of the boat. I am now the proud owner of a kneeboard. The first run with my brother(you can always hurt family and they will still be family).

The kneeboard has the hook of the front for starting. It appeared anything above 12 mph and he porpoised heavily while trying to get up on the board ( he is a big guy 230 and 6 feet). We joked about the seeing a fresh water whale breaching and carried on. It looked like 15 mph was the comfortable cruising speed.

Am I in the right ball park for starting speeds and cruising speeds it seemed slow to me....

Edited by G-Mack

Yes, starting speed of 12 mph +/- is good while they’re getting on their knees and strapped in. After that I do regular wakeboard speeds to get the best wake for jumping.

martinarcher

Right on. We start around 10-12 and then once they are strapped in 19-21 seems to make a nice W2W size wake. Rockon.gif Just be sure to keep that tip up on landings. I broke my Hydroslide Khaos in half on a nasty nose down landing! Cry.gif

Right on. We start around 10-12 and then once they are strapped in 19-21 seems to make a nice W2W size wake. Rockon.gif Just be sure to keep that tip up on landings. I broke my Hydroslide Khaos in half on a nasty nose down landing! Cry.gif

The key is to get off your stomach and on to your knees as soon as the boat starts to pull you. That's what causes all the flopping around and it does seem like the bigger you are the more it flops around.

nah floor it

something else you normally only want do with family on the end of the rope. My parents always loved my brother more ... now we are even :crazy:

Bouncing is caused from too much weight back. And you accentuate it with placing the handle in the hook. With a 200+ rider, take them right up to about 15mph. If they bounce, have them move up on the board. Their nose should be directly above the nose of the board. When they get to their knees, up the speed to 18-22mph. As the rider progresses, forget about the hook and just hold onto the handle. That'll reduce bouncing significantly.

Bouncing is caused from too much weight back. And you accentuate it with placing the handle in the hook. With a 200+ rider, take them right up to about 15mph. If they bounce, have them move up on the board. Their nose should be directly above the nose of the board. When they get to their knees, up the speed to 18-22mph. As the rider progresses, forget about the hook and just hold onto the handle. That'll reduce bouncing significantly.

As always Chad is right on.