Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

gas money

pkenney

How much beer did they bring. I would be happy to get something other than thanks. I love it when they ask you HOW much.

Lets see all day on a boat skiing, food, cold drinks, gas,. What would you pay at $50.00 is nothing. What would it cost you at a water park.

Here is my Rule...

1) If I call you to go out on my boat, I will not accept any donations, buy my a beer at the end of the day.

2) If you call me to take you and a friend out, you better be offering up some coin. If not I will ask for it.

Standard offering is $10 per person in the groups I ski with for 2 - 3 sets. If you have a boat in the rotation then no offering required. I'd be tickled if someone ofered more. Guess I'm too "EZ". :biggrin:

Ed

What is the average to offer when sking someone elses boat lets say 2-3 sets?

I'm excited to just have someone offer. I have yet to take anyones money other than my Fiance. and i only started taking her money after she started calling it our boat. If someone brings beer, ice or other goods i'm happy . maybe i need to start taking money... Huh??

Edited by jcon44

Our rule is usually 20 bucks or a 5 gallon can of gas when you show up. We all have our own boats though and we switch all the time so I think it works itself out in the wash mostly.

I have to beg people to even go so that I even have a spotter, I'm not sure I could ask for, or expect money when I am asking you to go? I'm new to this (ski/wakeboard boat scene) and I'm not sure if my boat even runs on gas cause it sure doesn't use much, I know you guys (with the bigger boats and motors and ballast) are probably burning alot more fuel than me, so it is probably very much appreciated, but with as little of fuel I am using and the fact that i invited you, I don't think I could expect anything or want anything. I imagine if someone asked me to go and offered I would definately take it.

Twenty bucks is about right for 2-3 sets, but I'm flexible. For instance, one of our riding buddies was unemployed for some time and he was agreeable to going out just about anytime, so I never hit him up for gas. I was just glad to have an experienced driver available. If it's just myself and one other, and I'm the one initiating the session, I really dont expect any money. If the other person initiates, I do expect money or at least liquid refreshments (but I'd rather get that myself because most will bring Bud Light or some other kind of shrimpwater. I like the Newcastles!). Now, if they want me to use the wedge/fat sacs I do expect gas money. Maybe I'll pull up to the gas dock before/after the session so they can see the dollars it takes to fill the tank.

My friends that dont even wakeboarded usually always give me $20 or $10 a person. Its nice when people offer but I dont feel the need to ask people for money. I do expect to receive a small donation if the person calls me to go out but usually I find myself trying to find a spotter so I can wakeboard. The guys in my rotation usually always offer to give gas money but I it usually works itself out when I go out on their boats to ride. Filling up a 50 gallon tank once a week sure sucks but if you can afford a 50k boat you should be able to afford the gas in it.

My friends that dont even wakeboarded usually always give me $20 or $10 a person. Its nice when people offer but I dont feel the need to ask people for money. I do expect to receive a small donation if the person calls me to go out but usually I find myself trying to find a spotter so I can wakeboard. The guys in my rotation usually always offer to give gas money but I it usually works itself out when I go out on their boats to ride. Filling up a 50 gallon tank once a week sure sucks but if you can afford a 50k boat you should be able to afford the gas in it.

Well said

...on the same token, if you cannot afford a 50k boat, then you better be able to chip in for gas if you want a pull!