Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

02 W 23 LSV swim platform

I just bought a 02 23 LSV today. Will pick it up later this week. The teak swim platform is in bad shape, what are my options? Does it have to be a teak platform with a hatch so I can reach the manual wedge? I would like a fiberglass one but I don't know if it will work or how much it would be.

Thanks

Scott

MalibuNation

IIRC 2003 was the first year Malibu offered a fiberglass swim platform ... It would be cool if you could find someone with the same boat as yours but a 2003 to see if the fiberglass swim platform would fit. Also check with your dealer.

You could get a new teak platform (see below ... I'm having a hard time pulling up their website) as you sure it can't be brought back from the dead with a little elbow grease?

Teak World Enterprises

98 Whippoorwill Road

Lebanon, TN 37090-7682

(615) 444-7269

Thanks for the reply,

I will be checking with the dealer this week, the previous owner is taking it there to get something fixed, So I will call them.

The platform has two cracked boards so it has a little bow upwards and many of the boards are loose so the whole thing moves when you grab it. I was thinging of having one made by a carpenter I know. I all depends on what a new one will cost.

Thanks

Scott