Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Several problems NEED HELP ASAP

I dont know how if at all these may be related but heres what I have...

when boat is off, key off. My guage is showing depth bad... on the trailer. with the killswitch installed i get a 3 beeps pause 3 beeps. constantly. something is killing my batteries drained 2 blue tops in less than 24 hours with the key off. My Head unit is not coming on. I havent checked the fuses yet but regaurdless its new and not coming on. any suggestions?

One at a time:

The 3 beeps may be related to oil pressure or an oil pressure sensor. Does it do it with the engine started?

Regarding the battery killer - I had the same problem. I borrowed a current probe and went hunting. It turned out to be my radio. There was something wrong with it that caused it to draw a great deal of current all the time. Once I disconnected it the problem went away.

Good luck.

With the key in the off postition nothing should be coming on. to kill two batteries in less than 24 hours it is more than just a little draw. I would start at the keyed switch. Make sure the key is off and then make sure everything is off. If anything is still on start reading out the ignition switch with a meter. (there is an acc position past off on mine). This could also have something to do with the new radio as well. If it was just a pulg and play there should be no problem but if it is a new install there may be a wiring issue with the power feed.

Hope this helps

REW