Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Color Options

Malibuzer

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Malibuzer

• old skool malibu

• Bobby Light

• Koop

I just ordered a 247 with graphite bottom, white main hull, black hull accent and black deck accents. Was worried about having too much black that would show flaws/fading over time but liked the look so much I couldn't pass up a little.

Reviving an old thread. We are looking hard at something new again. After seeing the stratospheric blue in person it may be at the top of the list. What other nice color combos have you seen out there? I am trying to be a little different than what we have at our local lakes. I really like this used atomic orange VLX at my local dealer. Unfortunately, it looks to be a discontinued color. He even had the fenders painted to match the atomic orange on the boat. This thing looks twice as nice in person.

By the way, I think it is still for sale!! :whistle:

That looks like Steve's boat Trent...

That looks like Steve's boat Trent...

Yes it is!! It is sitting in the maintenance shop showroom still. I am surprised that no one has bought it yet. I love the way he did up his trailer.

Solid Black boat owners please chime in. Would you order black again? I'm not so worried about the temp of the hull and I wipe my boat down after every use, but do you get or see surface marks or swirls in the gel?

Mine's not solid black but dark....and I'd definitely order it again. Yes, you need to wipe it down more...but how many boats on the water do you see that look like it....none. I will never have a white hull boat!

Mine's not solid black but dark....and I'd definitely order it again. Yes, you need to wipe it down more...but how many boats on the water do you see that look like it....none. I will never have a white hull boat!

Thanks for the reply...I ordered solid black with metallic accents.

SWS in Sasktoon has a 247 with ebony and machine silver metallic. I think it looks sharp and would order a boat those colors if I had the money

For all you guy's with dark boats, 2 words............Hot Sauce (I don't work for this company) this stuff is amazing, worth every penny. 10-12 minutes after taking boat out of the water.......looks like you detailed it!

For all you guy's with dark boats, 2 words............Hot Sauce (I don't work for this company) this stuff is amazing, worth every penny. 10-12 minutes after taking boat out of the water.......looks like you detailed it!

Couldn't agree more. I need to get some more before spring.

• 4 weeks later...

So I think we decided on the new colors yesterday. We also went with the white tower and beige and platinum material.

It will also have a small silver metallic accent just below the hull main. Just like you can add in the classic color combo.

post-5478-076851800 1295197347_thumb.png

Edited by Malibuzer

One more. Big color change from my last boat. It was a close decision between the crystal red and the orange. We wanted to try something different than what colors we have at home. Lots of Malibus on my home lake.

post-5478-039137100 1295197254_thumb.png

Edited by Malibuzer

One more. Big color change from my last boat. It was a close decision between the crystal red and the orange. We wanted to try something different than what colors we have at home. Lots of Malibus on my home lake.

Looks good Trent. Along the same lines as Steves color but still very unique. The white tower will really bring it all together. I assume VTX/ diamond hull? Any new options?

Looks good Trent. Along the same lines as Steves color but still very unique. The white tower will really bring it all together. I assume VTX/ diamond hull? Any new options?

Thanks, we added the new tower camera, underwater lights, forward and rear facing tower lights, runway lights on the trailer, and I think that is pretty much all. My last boat was already completely loaded. Oh I also added the snap out carpet this time.

post-5478-017232800 1295197842_thumb.jpg

Edited by Malibuzer

Thanks, we added the new tower camera, underwater lights, forward and rear facing tower lights, runway lights on the trailer, and I think that is pretty much all. My last boat was already completely loaded. Oh I also added the snap out carpet this time.

Runaway lights...sexy! I want to add a set to my trailer! I wonder if Gord has any in the shop I can pick up off him. I can order direct from Boatmate however. Sooo you did decide to pull the pin eha? Good for you. We will be in Scotch Creek last week of July, I know you vacation down there. Will you be around at that time?

Have you ever run tower lights? I like the rear facing for surfing but forward facing IMO are useless. I find they hinder my vision more than help it. Seat heater I assume? Buyer for the old boat?

Edited by old skool malibu

Hi

I see that you're from Penticton. Hope you're enjoyng much warmer weather than here in Calgary!

I checked Tru North Marine here in Calgary and they don't carry the Boat Bling "Hot Sauce". I'm going to be in Kelowna a couple times this Spring. Any chance you know of any retailers in Kelowna or did you buy it online?

Cheers

Brad

Have you ever run tower lights? I like the rear facing for surfing but forward facing IMO are useless. I find they hinder my vision more than help it. Seat heater I assume? Buyer for the old boat?

Yes I had tower lights on my old boat. The rear facing were great for lots of things, unloading for a night run etc, I also liked the forward facing for loading at night. I found they worked better than the old style docking lights. I have a couple of people who are interested in the old boat. Nothing firm yet , but I'm hopeful. We still have a couple of things to decide, such as the stereo, I am not sure exactly what route we want to go yet.

Runaway lights...sexy! I want to add a set to my trailer! I wonder if Gord has any in the shop I can pick up off him. I can order direct from Boatmate however. Sooo you did decide to pull the pin eha? Good for you. We will be in Scotch Creek last week of July, I know you vacation down there. Will you be around at that time?

I think we are going to be in Idaho this summer. We usually go somewhere for a couple of weeks after the August long weekend.

Hi

I see that you're from Penticton. Hope you're enjoyng much warmer weather than here in Calgary!

I checked Tru North Marine here in Calgary and they don't carry the Boat Bling "Hot Sauce". I'm going to be in Kelowna a couple times this Spring. Any chance you know of any retailers in Kelowna or did you buy it online?

Cheers

Brad

Performance Marine in Vernon, is the only place I know that carries Boat Bling (hot sauce). I bought my first bottle at Performance Marine, then ordered a whole lot more online!

Performance Marine in Vernon, is the only place I know that carries Boat Bling (hot sauce). I bought my first bottle at Performance Marine, then ordered a whole lot more online!

What about the shipping costs? When I try to buy online, the shipping costs show it will be $230 us.