Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Color Options

Malibuzer

Looks like you are right again!

Under the VTX specs it shows a max power rating off 505hp. What engine was that?

Sounds like the LS7 to me, didn't know it was an option on the VTX.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Malibuzer

• old skool malibu

• Bobby Light

• Koop

I like this one. Just add some sparkles. I'll take those Ndawg bucks.......just in case they are legit......kinda like the Mastercraft rebate. :)

post-2209-128111642633_thumb.jpg

From what I have read you can actually put the new supercharged Cadillac engine in the VTX? That would be a ride!

Vapor blue and charcoal metallic

Trent

I have always been a fan of the vapor blue..looks sweet. So another VTX eha? How about a VLX this time? I am thinking next time around going for the VLX..better wakeboarding wake. I went for a ski last weekend behing a 07 VLX diamond hull and it wasnt much different than the VTX imo but I am sure others will disagree. I am having a ton of problems with my wedge this year, two trips to the shop and still not working. The VTX is quite sensitive to the wedge as it is so short so if there is something out it is really noticable.

Looks like you are right again!

Under the VTX specs it shows a max power rating off 505hp. What engine was that?

Save your money Trent. The Monsoon is more than enough for the VTX especially with the Acme high altitude prop. I cant see the Caddy Supercharged being available or necessary for the VTX...247 yes, VTX overkill! Keep with the Monsoon, it is tried and true and relaible. Just look at the problems Malibu is having with some of the Vette motors this year. I am sure there will be some challenges with the Supercharged Caddy motor plus it will require premium gas.

Crystal Red Metallic

If I could do it again, this is the color scheme I would do= my vote.

It will really look awesome & classy without the wakesetter graphics! AND a white tower!

they havent updated the vtx since 07-08, the boat hasnt been redesigned so they didnt bother

Is that only in the US or what? on the Australian malibu site it says that all wakesetters come with the G3

Red and black, or midnight blue and black are sick combo colours. Lots of guys like yellow and black as well. There was brand new VLX in our neck of the woods the other day with a vapour blue hull and a small vapour blue accent strip, the rest of the boat was white, very sharp looking boat.

Hey Trent, Go for the VLX.. I think you will enjoy the size difference...

I like the Charcoal and Orange color combo's.. Not a fan of the flake...

How about Charcoal and Extreme Green? Maybe Vapour Blue and Charcoal?

Hey Trent, Go for the VLX.. I think you will enjoy the size difference...

I like the Charcoal and Orange color combo's.. Not a fan of the flake...

How about Charcoal and Extreme Green? Maybe Vapour Blue and Charcoal?

VLX for better wakeboard wake for sure Ryan. The main area size wise are almost identical between the two, I think the VLX has a little bigger bow area. Take a VLX out for a test drive Trent, unless you have garage space issues I think you may like the VLX for the bigger wake for boarding and surfing.

• 3 months later...

Reviving an old thread. We are looking hard at something new again. After seeing the stratospheric blue in person it may be at the top of the list. What other nice color combos have you seen out there? I am trying to be a little different than what we have at our local lakes. I really like this used atomic orange VLX at my local dealer. Unfortunately, it looks to be a discontinued color. He even had the fenders painted to match the atomic orange on the boat. This thing looks twice as nice in person.

By the way, I think it is still for sale!! :whistle:

post-5478-061841300 1292025423_thumb.jpg