Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Do I have a fuel pump error on my VLX 2000, Monsoon 5.7?

I have a Malibu Wakesetter VLX with the Indmar Monsoon 5.7 L engine, 2000 yearmodel.

I ran out of gas totally in the fuel tank some days ago due to fuel sender was broken and only shown "full".

I filled her up and now she doesn´t starts. I tried to vent tho hose after the inline filter after the fuel pump but the pump will not pump out any gas. I took the pump down and tried it manually to suck gas from a bottle. From the beginning i did not suck any gas until i put my thumb over the little "pilot" pipe connected to what i think is the return line for the gas to tank usally, then it started to suck very well. See link.

Is the pump broken or i it just something else I have overlooked?

Please excuse me for my poor english, I from Sweden and looking everywhere for a Indmar dealer for service parts.

http://www.skidim.com/prodinfo.asp?number=RA080023 (In is righthand side lower connection, out is left hand side and pilot pipe or what it is is right hand side over inlet connection)

Looking forward to some help..

Best regards, Alex

I have seen a few fuel pumps loose their "prime".

Try cycling key on key off for 10 or so pump cycles. You can vent the system using a schrader valve on the fuel rail on the intake manifold (looks like a car or bicycle tire valve). Be careful though as the system is under pressure and can spray fuel everywhere, once you have fuel up at that valve you should be good.

-Chris

I have seen a few fuel pumps loose their "prime".

Try cycling key on key off for 10 or so pump cycles. You can vent the system using a schrader valve on the fuel rail on the intake manifold (looks like a car or bicycle tire valve). Be careful though as the system is under pressure and can spray fuel everywhere, once you have fuel up at that valve you should be good.

-Chris

Hi Chris, thanks for the answer.

I have tested to turn on and turn off the ignition as you said till I stop hearing the buzzing sound of the fuel pump. And I also when I did this took of the inlet of the injection manifold connection and try to "bleed" it but nothing happends??! the fuel pump will not pump gas upp to the fule bridge when I only turn the key to on and off.

when I mount it down and try it manually 12v it doesn´t suck any gas until i press my thumb against the connection that is connected to return line to the tank.

What should I do?