Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Who else has a satellite view of them wakeboarding??

jtrovato

Just found this today when I was looking at the satellite view of my neighborhood! How cool is this!? If you go to Google maps and put in the address 980 Merrimack Ave, Dracut, MA, turn it to satellite view, you'll see a boat on the river with a wakeboarder mid-air! I know it's me because I can tell it's our boat with the black top on it and nobody else can clear the wake like that on my boat! Crazy.

Google Map Link

SatelliteWakeboardPic.jpg

Aside formt he fact thats actually you (which in istelf is ridiculously cool), That shot in general is absolutley sweet. The wakes the riders trail. Absolutley awsome. Rockon.gif Looks like you cased though :Tease3:

Aside formt he fact thats actually you (which in istelf is ridiculously cool), That shot in general is absolutley sweet. The wakes the riders trail. Absolutley awsome. Rockon.gif Looks like you cased though :Tease3:

No way I cased that landing! See the shadow, that means I was still up in the air! Perfect landing!

That is HANDS DOWN the coolest thing I have seen all day. Have you tried Bing's Birds eye view? The quality is usually better...

Very Cool!! :rockon:

I tried using Bing but their picture wasn't snapped at the same time, so no boat in the picture. The Bing picture doesn't even show my house, just an empty lot, but the Google picture has my house and a bunch of others in my neighborhood built, so it was taken sometime this Summer.

That's sweet! I bet everyone will be running home tonight and google earthing their home lake. That is really cool!

That's sweet! I bet everyone will be running home tonight and google earthing their home lake. That is really cool!

Home? Whistling.gif

Just found this today when I was looking at the satellite view of my neighborhood! How cool is this!? If you go to Google maps and put in the address 980 Merrimack Ave, Dracut, MA, turn it to satellite view, you'll see a boat on the river with a wakeboarder mid-air! I know it's me because I can tell it's our boat with the black top on it and nobody else can clear the wake like that on my boat! Crazy.

Now that we know where you live...Party at jtrovato house this weekend! :cheers:

It's a 70 foot rope!

It looks much longer in that picture! We usually ride with a 75' rope, guess I was off, Nice photo though!

martinarcher

I'm with Levi. That is the coolest thing I've seen all day! Rockon.gif I check my lake.....for my big orange truck at the launch first and no dice. I figured it would be easier to find. LOL.gif

My nephew measured the jump out at 10 meters (still in the air).

REW

How did he do that? Just took the length of the rope and scaled it to the length of where I left the wake to where I am in the air? If so, that's pretty cool!

How did he do that? Just took the length of the rope and scaled it to the length of where I left the wake to where I am in the air? If so, that's pretty cool!

Scale it off the boat, knowing it's 21' long. 70' looks about right.

Edit-My bad, you're looking for the length of the jump, you could do the same thing.

post-8316-128109689365_thumb.jpg

Edited by Ndawg12

As I was laying in bed last night, the thought came in my head "You idiot, there's a scale on Google Maps!!" If you look at it on Google Maps and not on that picture, you can just use the scale. Pretty cool, I jump 30+ feet when I go wake to wake.

Ok, so if I'm estimating where I'd land on the transition, continuing on the angle that I'm on from the takeoff, I'm getting about 42' of travel through the air from the time I leave the wake to where I land on the other side! It sure doesn't seem like I'm going that far when it happens, but I guess it seems plausible if I'm traveling 23 mph forward plus the distance traveled side to side.

martinarcher

Ok, so if I'm estimating where I'd land on the transition, continuing on the angle that I'm on from the takeoff, I'm getting about 42' of travel through the air from the time I leave the wake to where I land on the other side! It sure doesn't seem like I'm going that far when it happens, but I guess it seems plausible if I'm traveling 23 mph forward plus the distance traveled side to side.

Agreed. It doesn't seem like that far when you do it, but if watch someone W2W you have a good distance of air travel before touching down. LOL.gif