Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Crazy Wedge Issues!!

old skool malibu

Ok - my wedge is driving me nuts! Here is the issue - when using the present on my 09 VTX, say wakeboard advance with full ballast including front and wedge setting at 75% the boat is seriously porposing. I change the setting to 50% or less and still the same issue. The dealer replaced the sensor and that did not solve the problem. Trip number two to the dealer and they actually moved the position of the wedge - loosended off the bolts on the top and reset its position. This did not solve the issue so I have to go back a third time. The wedge worked fine last year, well most of last year. The dealer had to replace the MUX box as I understand there was a bad run and mine was one of them. The wedge actually quit working last year. So after the MUX box was replaced all was well until first ride this year when this porposing starting occuring. The only thing that changed over the winter was a Maliview update and they replaced the large key type bolt on the wedge (where the sensor is mounted). Anyone have any ideas on what the issue is...it must be the key bolt or computer issues? Help!!

Do you have friend or another boat at the dealer that you can compare with? I would park 2 next to eachother out of the water and take some measurments with the wedge in the same position...

Good luck

Update...well it has now been 3 trips to the dealer and no success. I have not had my wedge working properly all season. The wedge has been adjusted and the mux box as well as the viper module has also been tried/ replaced. A new update of Maliview was downloaded over the winter and put in the boat. Apparently Malibu developed this software based on the VLX so this could explain the problem (different wedge parameters). It also seems this problem is only when the autowedge feature is activated. The wedge will go past any preset even when set at 20% and the boat will immediatly porpose. We tried to put the old software back and no success yet. The dealer will take the boat out today and try various versions of the software to see if that will work. The boat worked fine at the end of the year last year so we are guessing this software update is causing the issue. The wedge works fine when the autowedge feature is not engaged. All these headaches just to have the autovolume feature (which is why the newest version of Maliview was installed)... be careful if you have a 09 VTX and you download the new software, you may be in the same boat as me. Hopefully the dealer and Malibu can get it back to normal!