Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

oil change devices

You must not have a thru hull to run the hose out of...??? I that were me I'd find a way to dump all the oil in the bilge :Doh:

i find this quicker and easier (no climbing under the boat) and i can do it on the water where i can start it after the change (without hooking up the fake a lake) to check the oil level. Plus i get a full 4 litres out thru the pump plus what is in the filter.

The straight draining method is slow and i don't get as much oil out.

oıl ıu ʇɥǝ qılƃǝ sonups lıʞǝ ɐ ƃoop ıpǝɐ ʇɥonƃɥ:-/

I've had nothing but bad luck with thoes drill pumps... they never seem to pump well, hard to get primed, I never have enough hands (one for the drill, one for the dipstick end and one for the drain end), and worst of all I'm always afraid that I'll get oil somewhere when I'm done, seeing as how BOTH ends of the hoses have old oil on them. I just ordered a mityvac an hour ago, as I'm at 11 hours on the new vtx and want to change tranny and Vdrive oil friday.

I've always had very good success with draining engine oil from the hose in the bottom of the hull. Easy to do with the boat on the lift or trailer. If you dont have easy access to a lift or a good spot to pull your boat out (we pull our trailer right down the beach on our property) i can see how an extractor for engine oil would be easier than getting the boat out of the water!

I've had nothing but bad luck with thoes drill pumps... they never seem to pump well, hard to get primed, I never have enough hands (one for the drill, one for the dipstick end and one for the drain end), and worst of all I'm always afraid that I'll get oil somewhere when I'm done, seeing as how BOTH ends of the hoses have old oil on them. I just ordered a mityvac an hour ago, as I'm at 11 hours on the new vtx and want to change tranny and Vdrive oil friday.

I've always had very good success with draining engine oil from the hose in the bottom of the hull. Easy to do with the boat on the lift or trailer. If you dont have easy access to a lift or a good spot to pull your boat out (we pull our trailer right down the beach on our property) i can see how an extractor for engine oil would be easier than getting the boat out of the water!

no dipstick connection. it is attached to the line that comes off the oil pan. the picture was taken half way thru the operation, then i went back squeezed the trigger and sucked out the rest of the oil. for under $10.00 it works great.

The priming issue can be overcome by doing it near the transmission where the pump doesn't have to suck it uphill so far. I use the drill at high speed until the oil starts to come then whatever speed i feel like after that.