Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Power Wedge Gauge Quit

Hoping someone can point me in the right direction here. '07 VTX with Power Wedge. The wedge is operational - moves up and down with no problem. The gauge however is a different issue. As soon as the key is turned on, the needle rotates and stops at roughly 2:00, and that is where it stays regardless of the position the wedge is in. As a result, the boat "thinks" it is deployed all the time, so even when it is fully stowed she likes to scream at me when I get over 25 mph.

Seems all the posts I have found have to do with the wedge not working at all. Thanks in advance for any help and suggestions!

Hoping someone can point me in the right direction here. '07 VTX with Power Wedge. The wedge is operational - moves up and down with no problem. The gauge however is a different issue. As soon as the key is turned on, the needle rotates and stops at roughly 2:00, and that is where it stays regardless of the position the wedge is in. As a result, the boat "thinks" it is deployed all the time, so even when it is fully stowed she likes to scream at me when I get over 25 mph.

Seems all the posts I have found have to do with the wedge not working at all. Thanks in advance for any help and suggestions!

Just had a similar problem on my new 2010 VTX and I belive the shop said it was a VIPER module which crapped out. Although, my guaage did not work at all but maybe it is the same issue.