Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

VTX-Diamond Surf Wave

TrickyNicky

Hey guys, I can surf ropeless behind my VTX all day with just 2 ppl in the boat and the stock ballast. I usually don't because it's not that fun. With 4 people in the boat the wake is much more enjoyable. However just this past long weekend we had a great group of ....ughh....ballast!Whistling.gif We were probably pushing about 1500lbs of ppl ballast.

Let me just say WOW, the wave was awesome! Yahoo.gif It took some getting used to, it had a lot of push and would really grab ahold of you if you didn't know what you were doing. It had a great pocket and we all had an absolute blast!

So here are some pics:

IMG_3538.jpgIMG_3537.jpgIMG_3536.jpgIMG_3539.jpg

And here is a LINK to the same pics.

Looks about right. Nice job. Time for some sacks, cause you will be wanting that wave all the time. Wakemakers is in the process of building a custome bag to fit in the locker and under the port side seats. May have to look into that. Should be right around 1400-1500 lbs from what I hear.

Looks about right. Nice job. Time for some sacks, cause you will be wanting that wave all the time. Wakemakers is in the process of building a custome bag to fit in the locker and under the port side seats. May have to look into that. Should be right around 1400-1500 lbs from what I hear.

Ya, I'll be waiting till the off-season and maybe a group buy Whistling.gif . I surfed with about half that on monday and it was still a lot of fun. I thought it would be miserable but I thoroughly enjoyed myself.

PS: Bawshogg, are you on a diamond or wake?

Edited by TrickyNicky

Really? A piggy-back setup?

Man, that would be great!

Do you mean this? http://www.wakemakers.com/fly-high-enzo-surf-sac.html

Hey guys, I can surf ropeless behind my VTX all day with just 2 ppl in the boat and the stock ballast. I usually don't because it's not that fun. With 4 people in the boat the wake is much more enjoyable. However just this past long weekend we had a great group of ....ughh....ballast!Whistling.gif We were probably pushing about 1500lbs of ppl ballast.

Let me just say WOW, the wave was awesome! Yahoo.gif It took some getting used to, it had a lot of push and would really grab ahold of you if you didn't know what you were doing. It had a great pocket and we all had an absolute blast!

So here are some pics:

IMG_3538.jpgIMG_3537.jpgIMG_3536.jpgIMG_3539.jpg

And here is a LINK to the same pics.

What speed are you at, that looks pretty nice for a VTX :thumbup:

What speed are you at, that looks pretty nice for a VTX Thumbup.gif

Honestly I have no clue. Somwhere from 9.6-10.8. Manual wedge.

Ya, I'll be waiting till the off-season and maybe a group buy Whistling.gif . I surfed with about half that on monday and it was still a lot of fun. I thought it would be miserable but I thoroughly enjoyed myself.

PS: Bawshogg, are you on a diamond or wake?

[/quote

Wake, And in my expierience, for surfing atleast, and at such low speeds 10-12 you really can decern much of a differnce between the two in the surf wake. I think you need be moving somewhat faster for the differences in the hull to show.