Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

props to malibu

tvano

as the clock ticked through the 1k mark i thought that malibu was due a pat on the back.

this boat has been all but flawless for the first 1000 hours.

i've reviewed the service records and the only problem, to date, has been a couple of seams that split at the piping.

imho that's pretty spectacular service for the kind of use that this boat sees.

this boat has performed exactly as i had hoped it would.

i could not be happier with the slalom and bf wakes; flat as pi$$ on a plate.

i don't recall missing a single set that was due to a problem with the boat.

i keep wondering if it's time to replace it with a new response, but, if this rig does it all (routinely), why should i?

i hope the ski gods smile through the next 1000 hours.

it's a sickness.

props to malibu.

Wow 1000 hours is pretty impressive for a 6 year old boat.

I'd keep it and run it to death, then put in a new motor and do it again.

-Chris

-Chris

my big fear is that i won't last as long as the boat does.

u got it going on man thats what i hope to do . had my 2010 vride 2 months and have 42 hrs on it need more time in the water lol :crazy: thats just 5 hrs of run time a week booooo :cry: patry cove see alot more time then that :rofl:. my goal is 100 hrs by the end of the year

have fun

A big :salute: to you and your boat. 1,000 Hrs very impressive for a Michigan boat and its ski partners! :thumbup:

y, that is impressive that i've got a great crew to support those kinds of hours on the pond.

it's a good life if you don't weaken.

This example kind of gives us an answer to the question "how many hours is to many?" 1000 hours of trouble free boating is pretty impressive.

I too recently surpassed the 1000 hr mark, on an 01. But, Im getting ready to sell it now and am worried about the hours scaring everybody away???

I too recently surpassed the 1000 hr mark, on an 01. But, Im getting ready to sell it now and am worried about the hours scaring everybody away???

Probably is. And some comments on here haven't helped the misconception that a well-maintained boat won't last for thousands of hours, it will.

-Chris

Chirs, I have my 2010 VLX (recieved on 23/12/2009) With 315 hours and sold my 2009 vlx with 470 hours in 10 months....

Those engines lasts more than 3500 hours w/out problems

Chirs, I have my 2010 VLX (recieved on 23/12/2009) With 315 hours and sold my 2009 vlx with 470 hours in 10 months....

Those engines lasts more than 3500 hours w/out problems

Keep in mind up here we have a very short season compared to yours, so stuff gets old and brakes before we can wear it out with hours.

Most time I've seen on a boat around here is 1600 hours.

I have over 700 hours on my 03. I would easily say that you will have more problems with a boat that sat without regular use (i.e. low hours) than one that was regularly used with the proper maintenance.

I would be scared of a boat with low hours - you know it sat around - possibly for years. Gas goes bad fairly quickly now forming varnish in the fuel system, batteries lose their holding capacity when not regularly charged, etc.