Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2011's

Malibudude

touchpads and LCDs looks like a tiga i dont like :cry:

I was on a 2010 22VE a few weeks ago and the screen looks very similar to the Tige Touch. Everything was integrated into one touch screen expect the ignition. The Tige also has manual switches under the dash in case the touchscreen goes out. I don't really care for the new steering wheel either, otherwise the 2011's look great!

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Malibudude

• Bobby Light

• UWSkier

• chadwick02

martinarcher

New boats look awesome! The only things I see that I'm not a fan of are the new wheel (wow is that bad compared to the other Isotta's) and the tower on that Response LXI.

The touchscreen looks awesome. Pretty schwing! Hopefully they last in the marine environment and don't have any issues. It's a lot easier to fix an ignition switch than a touchscreen to start your boat!

Yes the Response CB/LX lives on another year.

No one caught the Supercharged Cadillac engine? What is the word and spec's on that monster?

martinarcher

Yes the Response CB/LX lives on another year.

No one caught the Supercharged Cadillac engine? What is the word and spec's on that monster?

Yeah boy. That's the first thing I noticed in all those pics on the first page. My face went Shocking.gif when I saw supercharged. Heck yeah! Rockon.gif

Here's the specs...

The Supercharged LSA 6.2L (550 HP) tops Malibu's list of engine options as the first production supercharged Gen-IV small block engine the marine industry has ever seen. With 545 ft-lb of torque the LSA doesn't mess around and is available in all 23-247 foot Wakesetters and Sunscapes.

Gotta say I'm not a big fan of that Response tower either - the lines just do not flow on the boat the way the original XTP did. Glad I got my T3...

Looks like the tower didn't change, the windshield did.

:plus1: On the Titan 3 DL6. :drool:

Although at this point, I would use either if I could. :Frustrated:

Maybe so, I'll have to go back and look closer. I thought that tower looked good on the '03-'06 RLXi, but it looks terrible on the new one, IMHO. And ditto on the steering wheel - that is one fugly design. :vomit:

guys, I HAVE a 2011. I didnt like the steering wheel at first, but its growing on me. And with all the LCD's in the dash, that wheel is the only practical one. Other styles would constantly block your view of something, and the single spoke does not. It also has a very nice feel to it - substantial, solid and nice to grip. The things gotta weigh 20 pounds!

When I saw the boat first in person, I told my self the wheel would be the first thing to go! But after spending a few days in it, malibu did this for a reason... What a GREAT machine :yahoo:

Response LXI

Not sure I'm all the thrilled about the tower...looks like the old Skylon.

That's the XTP extreme tower that is now made by Monster IIRC. Had one on my LXI, sharp looking tower, proportional to the size of the boat and doesn't mess with shoreline slalom.

The stress cracks and strength of the thing reminded me of a skylon though....

This is a great perspective for the forum to have, thanks for sharing. I was wondering how rigid and solid that wheel would feel. I was assuming it would a cheap feel to it, but glad to hear it does not. Congrats on the new Bu! Looks like you need to change your profile now.

Jay

guys, I HAVE a 2011. I didnt like the steering wheel at first, but its growing on me. And with all the LCD's in the dash, that wheel is the only practical one. Other styles would constantly block your view of something, and the single spoke does not. It also has a very nice feel to it - substantial, solid and nice to grip. The things gotta weigh 20 pounds!

When I saw the boat first in person, I told my self the wheel would be the first thing to go! But after spending a few days in it, malibu did this for a reason... What a GREAT machine :yahoo:

That's the XTP extreme tower that is now made by Monster IIRC. Had one on my LXI, sharp looking tower, proportional to the size of the boat and doesn't mess with shoreline slalom.

The stress cracks and strength of the thing reminded me of a skylon though....

I've heard that about that tower. I wonder if Monster does it better though, I'd almost be surprised if they didn't.

Like Tim my concern is electronics and boats. The dash is cool ..... in a car. I don't want that much gadgetry that can go bad out in the middle of Lake Powell. The steering wheel looks like it came out of my kids Power Wheel. I don't blame them as you need gimmicks to sell expensive boats when the used market is flooded with boats people can't afford but how much more enjoyment are you getting for the extra $$?

I am still a fan of the '05-'07 VLX (That should cover most of the boats in my little black book of boats I whore from).

Like Tim my concern is electronics and boats. The dash is cool ..... in a car. I don't want that much gadgetry that can go bad out in the middle of Lake Powell. The steering wheel looks like it came out of my kids Power Wheel. I don't blame them as you need gimmicks to sell expensive boats when the used market is flooded with boats people can't afford but how much more enjoyment are you getting for the extra $?

I am still a fan of the '05-'07 VLX (That should cover most of the boats in my little black book of boats I whore from).

A very good one at that except priorities....

mann I hate this website....spewing these arent an option on the boat I JUST ordered....Australia is 6 months behind!!!

I like the steering wheel as well - unique and clean.

I have the same concern as others about the touch screen controls though. Are there back-up switches, ignition....? Or if that screen goes out are you just screwed?

Check it out, the boat in the picture has the new Wet Sounds PRO 696. Sure glad that Malibu is listening to it's customers and offering a high end tower audio option. I had to order my boat with the factory speakers, then scrap the factory speakers and replace them with the Wet Sounds. I would have been much easier to order the Wet Sounds from the factory. The PRO 696 in the factory housings ROCK! Look deep inside those tower speaker grills and you will see the WetSounds Pro 696's. It is really nice to see Malibu improving the quality of their tower speakers. I love my Pro 696 6X9's. They project sound so well. You do not have to have the volume of your stereo up so loud that no one in the boat can hear themselves think so the rider can hear the tunes.

Check it out, the boat in the picture has the new Wet Sounds PRO 696. Sure glad that Malibu is listening to it's customers and offering a high end tower audio option. I had to order my boat with the factory speakers, then scrap the factory speakers and replace them with the Wet Sounds. I would have been much easier to order the Wet Sounds from the factory. The PRO 696 in the factory housings ROCK! Look deep inside those tower speaker grills and you will see the WetSounds Pro 696's. It is really nice to see Malibu improving the quality of their tower speakers. I love my Pro 696 6X9's. They project sound so well. You do not have to have the volume of your stereo up so loud that no one in the boat can hear themselves think so the rider can hear the tunes.

Good eye! I didn't notice until you just pointed it out, but I can see it on the white and red boat with the white tower and white speakers. That's great if Malibu is offering the Wetsounds as a factory option. It's about time.

I've heard that about that tower. I wonder if Monster does it better though, I'd almost be surprised if they didn't.

I think mine was the victim of a bad factory or dealer install, but 3 out of 4 mounts has pretty decent spider cracks.

I used to skyski off the tower no problem, was much quieter than a skylon, but it was 1.875 aluminum tube versus the 2.25 stainless tube on the Titans...you know which one is more solid. Tower was also very easy to drop, 4 thumbscrews and the thing was only a little bit higher then the windshield.

So, I really liked the tower, really hated the install it got and the tower/boat interface.

I think mine was the victim of a bad factory or dealer install, but 3 out of 4 mounts has pretty decent spider cracks.

I used to skyski off the tower no problem, was much quieter than a skylon, but it was 1.875 aluminum tube versus the 2.25 stainless tube on the Titans...you know which one is more solid. Tower was also very easy to drop, 4 thumbscrews and the thing was only a little bit higher then the windshield.

So, I really liked the tower, really hated the install it got and the tower/boat interface.

I think that some towers are more forgiving with regard to the install than others.

Good eye! I didn't notice until you just pointed it out, but I can see it on the white and red boat with the white tower and white speakers. That's great if Malibu is offering the Wetsounds as a factory option. It's about time.

Good Eye! Yup, now from the factory with the new Wet Sounds PRO 696-RS loaded into the factory housings. Also, when you upgrade to the Wet Sounds, you also get a larger RF amp with more power.

Tim

Wet Sounds