Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Recommendations for new wakeboard and bindings

Umatilla Matt

I'm looking to get a new wakeboard and some new bindings. I'm currently on a Liquid Force Stance 138 with open-toe bindings. It's getting pretty beat up from sharing it with all my friends so I wanna get a board just for me.

I'm 6'3" 210lbs and I feel like I want my next board to be a little longer, maybe a 142. The board I'm on has a continuous rocker and I wanna stay with that I think. I ride without the removable fins. I'd also like a board that doesn't weigh 10 pounds. Also, I'm looking for closed-toe bindings so my feet don't slip forward.

Any recommendations? :dontknow:

I'm obviously gonna go to a shop and try on the bindings before buying. I'm just looking for a little direction. This will be the first board and bindings I actually get to pick out. :yahoo:

Thanks,

Matt

I'm looking to get a new wakeboard and some new bindings. I'm currently on a Liquid Force Stance 138 with open-toe bindings. It's getting pretty beat up from sharing it with all my friends so I wanna get a board just for me.

I'm 6'3" 210lbs and I feel like I want my next board to be a little longer, maybe a 142. The board I'm on has a continuous rocker and I wanna stay with that I think. I ride without the removable fins. I'd also like a board that doesn't weigh 10 pounds. Also, I'm looking for closed-toe bindings so my feet don't slip forward.

Any recommendations? :dontknow:

I'm obviously gonna go to a shop and try on the bindings before buying. I'm just looking for a little direction. This will be the first board and bindings I actually get to pick out. :yahoo:

Thanks,

Matt

Last summer i got the liquid force shawn watson board/boot setup... no complaints at all.

Edited by skikid

Been really stoked on my Slinghot Response 142 and PB Floyd closed bindings. Great setup and easy to adjust binding angles without taking out mounting screws etc

Given your height/weight you definitely want at least a 142. I ride the LF Watson FLY board which is super light. Love it. For bindings, you cant go wrong with LF Watson closed-toe.

Anyone riding the CWB Faction with the Faction bindings? I'm not really familiar with CWB. I also really like the Hyperlite B-Side. It comes in a 144 and it sounds perfect for me from what I've been reading online. Any opinions on it?

Edited by Umatilla Matt

Anyone riding the CWB Faction with the Faction bindings? I'm not really familiar with CWB. I also really like the Hyperlite B-Side. It comes in a 144 and it sounds perfect for me from what I've been reading online. Any opinions on it?

Haven't ridden the faction board but have open toe faction bindings. The bindings are very stiff, easy to get in and out of (because of the hinge) and provide a lot of ankle support. The board that I currently ride is a HL tribute which is a continuous rocker board. Its fast, easy to spin, breaks loose easy and fairly soft landings in the flats - I believe there is a 142 version. If you can, demo a couple boards.

• 2 weeks later...