Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

guess the wake 5

MARiley

I'm betting that Stewart will.

He said no when I asked him, but anything is possible Biggrin.gif

after he sees that pic i'm sure he's gonna buy one. he does get a new boat every year doen't he?

Yes but not simply by choice, other factors drove that. I'm sure he'll make you a TMC deal you can't refuse... :)

As much as I would like too...... must resist temptation........ I am going to pass for now.

My Storage unit isn't big enough (I am on a list though :))

As much as I would like too...... must resist temptation........ I am going to pass for now.

My Storage unit isn't big enough (I am on a list though :))

I could make a storage area at my place for ya, so now what's your excuse Biggrin.gif

I've got connections at a place realllly close to where you ride - maybe could work out some covered birth plan ;)

.... still gigglin about you being in search of a life

Wow! That's a great pic of a great wake. Looks like the power wedge is for real. Hard to believe the wake isn't wider at 90'.

JeffK, when do I get to play behind one of these monsters?

I'll have one in the drink on Saturday if anyone wants to cruise to Indy.

I surfed behind the 247 a couple of weeks ago. We never really had it dialed in..but it didn't matter. It was huge, and it was fun. The boat runs like nothing I have ever driven of that size, even with the HH. I got 56.5 out of ours, and it felt every bit of it.

Good find BTW. It's funny how nobody mentioned Malibu. But when the jig was up, it was the "sickest boat around" and "You gotta hand it to Malibu". LMAO

Edited by Madmanacrossthewater
I'll have one in the drink on Saturday if anyone wants to cruise to Indy.

I surfed behind the 247 a couple of weeks ago. We never really had it dialed in..but it didn't matter. It was huge, and it was fun. The boat runs like nothing I have ever driven of that size, even with the HH. I got 56.5 out of ours, and it felt every bit of it.

Good find BTW. It's funny how nobody mentioned Malibu. But when the jig was up, it was the "sickest boat around" and "You gotta hand it to Malibu". LMAO

Holy Cow! Did you verify w/ GPS?

No, it was a last minute deal. I know that sounds fast, but it would not surprise me if we were. That boat came out of the hole fast, and never let up. I was impressed. I never got to load it up and see how it ran, but I should this weekend. The sound system was crystal clear and LOUD. It has the Sony w/ 8 Kickers, Sub w/ amp, 1000 watt amp, 4 bullet tower speakers, and the floor mounted sub. Im not sure about the placement, but it definetly helps the sound where it is.

Holy Crap!!!! 56 mph out of a 24' inboard? Notworthy.gif The speedo has got to be off. However, it would have to be off a lot for it to not be running in the 50s.

Hey, wait.....Malibu has a new breed of crossover boats. Wakeboard/Surf/Barefoot. I wonder if they will offer it with the SSP? Thumbup.gif

No, it was a last minute deal. I know that sounds fast, but it would not surprise me if we were. That boat came out of the hole fast, and never let up. I was impressed. I never got to load it up and see how it ran, but I should this weekend. The sound system was crystal clear and LOUD. It has the Sony w/ 8 Kickers, Sub w/ amp, 1000 watt amp, 4 bullet tower speakers, and the floor mounted sub. Im not sure about the placement, but it definetly helps the sound where it is.

We need some numbers, and of course pic's :) You'll have your work cut out for you this weekend. Biggrin.gif

And if you can, verify that speed with GPS.  I'd also be curious to know what prop that boat is running.  :)

I too would like the speed with GPS ... the X-Star has bling, but it definitely does not have that kind of speed ... I don't know bu's well ... is there any gear reduction in that tranny? I guess that would explain the speed difference as our X-Star has the 8.1 with 1.5:1 ... not that it is going anywhere, but the next boat (of ours) that costs THAT much better go 55-60 mph with an 8.1 (stepped hull or not).

Edited by PendOreilleSkier
All Malibu v-drives have gear redux.

Madman,

Sorry, I should have said please.  I don't know where my manners went.   :Doh:

No need to say please. We are all family on here. Tongue.gif

Prop is 13.5x16.