Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

W-Setter

Levi900RR

Yea, it's definitely the Titan. Good crossover boat if your into skiing & bigger wake sports (board, skate, or foil). Probably not the best surf boat, although it can be done.

Price seems a bit high for an 8 yr old boat. But it has the better tower & trailer, ballast already setup, etc. If it's in great shape, maybe their a little flexible, hey, it's a Malibu. Probably be a great boat for years. :rockon:

martinarcher

Looks like a sweet ride. I agree, might be a bit high on price, but hey....I got my boat cheaper than the Craigslist price and I think most would agree that what is stated is usually a starting price.

martinarcher

it does have the hammerhead in it that had to be a very costly upgrade.

I missed that. Good call, but even used it's not a 7k difference in price. I'd say you got a deal at 23k.

As hot & cold as the Hammerhead has been over the years? I don't know that I'd do it that early in the cycle. Even the later models I'd think twice about.

If were were talking about the Monsoon? Sure, why not, it has an long established history as being a good engine.

If your talking about using it as a barefoot boat & need that kind of power? OK, maybe.

But for the average boarder/foiler? Who may or may not be a big gearhead? Hmmmm..... :unsure:

Our watersport of choice is wakeboarding, I have some interest in surfing but need to set up my boat to try it. My wife and I had a baby last year and I think starting next year our crew numbers will start to increase so the extra room would be welcomed. I may shoot the guy and e-mail, I think he is asking a little much also.

Thanks for the advice!

:werule:

My biggest hang up would be the XTi configuration. You either love it, or hate it. The boat sits on the non-diamond hull so it will have a bigger ski wake. But as others have said, the weight is still distributed like a DD, so you won't get v drive wakes for wake sports. I love my SLXi, but doing it over again, I would have bought a V drive.

At 28K there ought to be more than a little wiggle room on the price. Especially as we get into late July and Aug.

Edited by Lakenut

Our watersport of choice is wakeboarding, I have some interest in surfing but need to set up my boat to try it. My wife and I had a baby last year and I think starting next year our crew numbers will start to increase so the extra room would be welcomed. I may shoot the guy and e-mail, I think he is asking a little much also.

I'm glad to know that I am not the only one in this boat (pun intended). That would be the very reason I bought a new boat this year.

I do agree with what others have said. If your primary sport is wakeboarding, and slalom isn't even on the radar, then I would roll v-drive. You'd be happier with the wake and ballast setup options.

What V drive do you guys think I can find for ~20K? (Malibu of course)

We just sold 2 2004 vlxs in very good condition for 23000.00 each, there out there just keep looking.

I think we can all agree.. the price is a little steep. Make sure its the boat you want too. Good luck shopping, they are definatly out there for the buyer that's willing to spend time shopping. I recommend staying away from the northeast. People can get a little crazy with prices and want to make a profit.

........ staying away from the northeast. People can get a little crazy with prices and want to make a profit.

Whil I'm all about people in the NE being a little nutty :crazy:

They don't get to claim all the nuts for themselves.

I just saw my old Prostar 205 drive by my dock yesterday. I sold it almost 4 years ago, haven't seen it in 2 yrs, and got a call this past winter that the boat was sitting outside with a blown engine, for sale for $16k. I sold it for $17k with a motor that had like 700 hrs on it. Of course I had to go check it out for myself.

The boat now has a new engine with only 2 hrs on it. The hour meter has been rolled back to under 500 hrs, the interior has been hammered on, and the guy is selling it for $17,900.00. :rofl::lol:

martinarcher

Whil I'm all about people in the NE being a little nutty :crazy:

They don't get to claim all the nuts for themselves.

I just saw my old Prostar 205 drive by my dock yesterday. I sold it almost 4 years ago, haven't seen it in 2 yrs, and got a call this past winter that the boat was sitting outside with a blown engine, for sale for $16k. I sold it for $17k with a motor that had like 700 hrs on it. Of course I had to go check it out for myself.

The boat now has a new engine with only 2 hrs on it. The hour meter has been rolled back to under 500 hrs, the interior has been hammered on, and the guy is selling it for $17,900.00. :rofl::lol:

Wow. That's unreal. What year is it?

I think we can all agree.. the price is a little steep. Make sure its the boat you want too. Good luck shopping, they are definatly out there for the buyer that's willing to spend time shopping. I recommend staying away from the northeast. People can get a little crazy with prices and want to make a profit.

I've never seen any difference in Northeast pricing vs anywhere else, and trust me I've bought plenty of boats around here for very good prices.

That XTI has been around for awhile now.

-Chris

Wow. That's unreal. What year is it?

The PS 205 was a 1994. I picked it up in 1999, installed an Ichor tower on it, had about 700 lbs of ballast on it (mostly lead & a locker sack), had a custom 5 vent heater built for it, stereo, custom rear seat that lifted into a sundeck, custom fiberglass swimstep with Traxx pad on top, stripped all the MC decals off it, etc. Besides the engine fiasco, the guy removed all the ballast, even the locker sack, removed the rear sundeck, had the heater replaced with a regular 3 vent, & who knows what else. I'm surprised he didn't remove the tower too. :Doh:

Heres the ad for it: http://spokane.craigslist.org/boa/1826504331.html

I boat for sale on craigslist that is legitimate??? I am impressed!

Bought my Vride off CL. Sold the 205 on CL. Sold a dining room table & chairs on CL for $900 today. Sold my old paddleboard/windsurfer on CL last week. Looked at 2 golf carts listed on CL this weekend.

Yea, we got some bogus emails from them, but didn't even respond to them.

Edited by Bill_AirJunky
martinarcher

The PS 205 was a 1994. I picked it up in 1999, installed an Ichor tower on it, had about 700 lbs of ballast on it (mostly lead & a locker sack), had a custom 5 vent heater built for it, stereo, custom rear seat that lifted into a sundeck, custom fiberglass swimstep with Traxx pad on top, stripped all the MC decals off it, etc. Besides the engine fiasco, the guy removed all the ballast, even the locker sack, removed the rear sundeck, had the heater replaced with a regular 3 vent, & who knows what else. I'm surprised he didn't remove the tower too. :Doh:

Heres the ad for it: http://spokane.craig...1826504331.html

Bought my Vride off CL. Sold the 205 on CL. Sold a dining room table & chairs on CL for $900 today. Sold my old paddleboard/windsurfer on CL last week. Looked at 2 golf carts listed on CL this weekend.

Yea, we got some bogus emails from them, but didn't even respond to them.

I've bought my boat, washer/dryer, surf board, RC airplanes/and a bunch of other stuff on CL. Just recently sold a car on it. Bill's right, just need to trash a few bogus emails.

I've bought my boat, washer/dryer, surf board, RC airplanes/and a bunch of other stuff on CL. Just recently sold a car on it. Bill's right, just need to trash a few bogus emails.

Some people have a real hard time separating the real from the bogus. I don't know how or why but they do.

As for cl, I've had great luck. I use craiglook.com and have purchased stereo stuff, wake surf board and even ballast bags from folks out of state who have ended up shipping to me. Pretty sweet deals too.

Edited by shawndoggy

http://burlington.craigslist.org/boa/1833132686.html

This thing is right down the street from me, and its clean. It does live its life on a dock in the water...

Funny - I just bought the exact same boat this year - right down to the color and year. We absolutely love the boat. I am not a v-drive fan for a lot of reasons (access/maintenance, handling, ski wake, etc) and the XTi has what I think is the best of both worlds. Tons of interior room and storage, with excellent handling.

The boat has a titan tower not Skylon. Really nice tower - super strong, no rattles or shakes. I have the hammerhead also and it performs great - I have put 20 hrs on it so far and its given me no cause for concern.

I paid $25K for the boat and it has 260 hrs on it now. Compared to others I looked at, I thought it was a great deal at this price. The boat's almost perfect inside and out, and it came with a ton of extras, from tower bimini, tower lights, speakers, cover, heater, upgrades stereo, three slalom skis, wakeboard, jackets, etc. When I did my loan paperwork, both the bank and my insurance company estimated $34K on the value.

You said it spends its summers on a dock...if it is kept in the water all the time (not on a lift), that would be a big cause for concern for me.

-- Mike