Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Best mirror for a Sunsetter

Umatilla Matt

Does anyone have any recommendations for a good ski mirror for my 97' Sunsetter LX and where to get it? I'm not looking to spend a whole lot...

Tower or windshield?

I think I need a windshield mount because I have to fold my tower down to get it in the garage. I think a tower mount would get in the way.

I have this bracket, which I think is stock for an 03 Malibu. It came from my brother's XTI, he upgraded to an AirBoom tower bracket.

$20 shipped & it's yours. You'll need a typical Cipa Comp 7" x 14" mirror for it.

IMG_2329Large.jpg

IMG_2330Large.jpg

I think these are basically the same bracket, which were stock Calabria.

dual_mirrors.jpg

I have this bracket, which I think is stock for an 03 Malibu. It came from my brother's XTI, he upgraded to an AirBoom tower bracket.

$20 shipped & it's yours. You'll need a typical Cipa Comp 7" x 14" mirror for it.

My windshield is 5/8" thick. If that will fit I'll take it.

My windshield is 5/8" thick. If that will fit I'll take it.

Looks like the bracket will accommodate a windshield almost 7/8" thick.

Sending a PM now.

Does anyone have any recommendations for a good ski mirror for my 97' Sunsetter LX and where to get it? I'm not looking to spend a whole lot...

I have a malibu windshield mirror and bracket that was purchased for an 87 malibu skier. It is a cipa tournament size mirror, the dash mounted mirror was unusable if there was a passenger sitting in the middle of the observers seat. This mirror will mount anywhere on the windshield as it has a universal mount. The opening in the thumb screw bracket is 5/8 of an inch. I had to use a shim to take up the slack for the winshield on the skier. With the shim, it worked very well. It is yours, mirror and bracket, for $50.00 plus shipping. I paid over $150.00 for it. I live in So. Calif, where are you located? If interested, get back to me, Steve [email protected]

I have a malibu windshield mirror and bracket that was purchased for an 87 malibu skier. It is a cipa tournament size mirror, the dash mounted mirror was unusable if there was a passenger sitting in the middle of the observers seat. This mirror will mount anywhere on the windshield as it has a universal mount. The opening in the thumb screw bracket is 5/8 of an inch. I had to use a shim to take up the slack for the winshield on the skier. With the shim, it worked very well. It is yours, mirror and bracket, for $50.00 plus shipping. I paid over $150.00 for it. I live in So. Calif, where are you located? If interested, get back to me, Steve [email protected]

Sorry ucontrol, I've already got a mirror and bracket on the way. Thanks anyways!