Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Bolster cushion for drivers seat 1999 Response Lx

trackerbrent

Wondering if someone could help. I went out for a slalom ride today if my buddies 2006 Response Lx and it had a flip up bolster cushion that I never noticed. Wow was it nice to be able to see over the windshield and not have to neel on the seat. The top of the windshield is right at eye level and it gets annoying on my boat when I am pulling someone. Anybody know if I can just get the bolster cushion for my seat? I checked with the local Malibu dealer, but they said they did not know and would get back to me.

Thanks in advance for the help, I tried to search first but did not come up with anything.

I would like to do the same thing with my 01 Wakesetter... My buddy has an 05 with one and it's a nice option.

First of all :welcome::werule:

I don't know of any such bolster, but there has been a far amount of discussion around here about permanently raising up the whole seat. Check out this thread there are others as well.

Another thought I just had. What about building some sort of a frame that would sit on the current seat that the current seat would then sit on. In essence raising the current seat cushion. I haven't done it, its just a thought.

I used to slide my throwable PFD under the seat cushion on my Prostar. Worked great!

There are a few threads where guys have talked about this in the past. There also used to be a How-to on the old Wakesiderides site. Maybe it's archived somewhere.

__fromsearch__1entry170062

I added the bolster cushion to the driver's seat on my 01 VLX while replacing the skins last winter. I got the parts from the TN Malibu plant (the 2 new cushions and the hardware). It fits perfectly and looks totally factory. We use it all of the time.

I added the bolster cushion to the driver's seat on my 01 VLX while replacing the skins last winter. I got the parts from the TN Malibu plant (the 2 new cushions and the hardware). It fits perfectly and looks totally factory. We use it all of the time.

I would love to see pics of this and hear a little about how it works and how hard it was? Thanks

The only caveat to adding the flip up bolster is the seat style, and how well the new base cushions fit the seat you have.

If you email me your hull ID number I can offer parts costs.

Thanks,

Peter

The only caveat to adding the flip up bolster is the seat style, and how well the new base cushions fit the seat you have.

If you email me your hull ID number I can offer parts costs.

Thanks,

Peter

PM sent

I did this on my '99SLXI in about 2001

I posted a couple pix but I don't think I have them anymore... COme to think of it it was on the old MBO...

The mod was pretty easy.