Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Malibu with a V-6???

Levi900RR

I think it was in one of those tiny nautiques that are like 17 ft long. Never drove the thing so can't report on how much of a dog is was.

-Chris

i have heard of it \ seen it in ads before. Not sure if it was available like that from the factory? Or maybe they chose to put a cheaper motor in it when the original one died?

This reminds me of when Ford put the 300 Straight 6 in F-150s... the line everyone used was "Built to run with the 305 V8"

LOL

Yep, had an '87 with the 4.9 plus the 4-speed granny gear. Great torque, but a turtle off the line.

I had a 1988 Pismo skier that was supposedly made by Malibu with the 4.3 V6 I/O in it. Nice boat, faster than my Response and burned about 1/2 the fuel.

Yep, had an '87 with the 4.9 plus the 4-speed granny gear. Great torque, but a turtle off the line.

YES! I can hear the tranny whining in my Dads from when I was a kid.

martinarcher

YES! I can hear the tranny whining in my Dads from when I was a kid.

My dad's had two full size Bronco's with the same motor tranny combo. Certainly not a truck you'll see at the strip, but they both hit 250k with no issues at all. Great motor for long life, torque, and reliability!

This reminds me of when Ford put the 300 Straight 6 in F-150s... the line everyone used was "Built to run with the 305 V8"

LOL

Hey but that was a GREAT engine! That thing will go and go and go. Not exactly fast though.....

Hey but that was a GREAT engine! That thing will go and go and go. Not exactly fast though.....

Maybe it WOULD be good for a tow boat... lots of torque? Runs forever?

LOL

This is an aftermarket conversion. The boat is a 1994 Echelon and is located in Columbia CT. It was converted to a V6 derated to 130HP so it could be used on Columbia lake becuase there is a HP restriction on that lake. The owner is asking $14,500.00 which seem high but my guess is that he has a lot of money in the conversion. I drive by the boat every day on my way to and fro work. I do not know if he still has the original motor and if it would be part of the purchase.

Mark D.

That dude is screwed, no way he'll get that. He should have just sold the boat and bought a small I/O.

Or kept the Bu and bought another boat

Another abused Echelon. It's just not right.

Please, if you see or hear about Echelon abuse, report it immediately. So many Echelons are neglected, wasted...and abused. You can't balme them for the computron. It's not their fault. We need to embrace their differences, the extremely low freeboard, the tiny open bow, and even the cheesy computer. In time, these are the very differences that we all come to love. People just have to give the Echelon a chance. Stop by your local marina and adopt one today, it will be the best decision you ever made.

This has been a public service announcement from the Love Your Echelon foundation.

Maliview + 10 years = Computron

Anyone want the over/under on those odds?

I'll take that bet. The computron was ahead of it's time. Maliview is no more advanced than a decent cellphone these days. Lots of companies will be able to 'tinker' with it and more importantly some company will take on replacements etc. Although it's more likely Malibu will just keep modifying it for years.

This is an aftermarket conversion. The boat is a 1994 Echelon and is located in Columbia CT. It was converted to a V6 derated to 130HP so it could be used on Columbia lake becuase there is a HP restriction on that lake. The owner is asking $14,500.00 which seem high but my guess is that he has a lot of money in the conversion. I drive by the boat every day on my way to and fro work. I do not know if he still has the original motor and if it would be part of the purchase.

Mark D.

I can't believe this is actually real... I kind of want to ride in it!!!

martinarcher

Another abused Echelon. It's just not right.

Please, if you see or hear about Echelon abuse, report it immediately. So many Echelons are neglected, wasted...and abused. You can't balme them for the computron. It's not their fault. We need to embrace their differences, the extremely low freeboard, the tiny open bow, and even the cheesy computer. In time, these are the very differences that we all come to love. People just have to give the Echelon a chance. Stop by your local marina and adopt one today, it will be the best decision you ever made.

This has been a public service announcement from the Love Your Echelon foundation.

MB you crack me up! ROFL.gifROFL.gifROFL.gif

Anyone have a link to the craigslist ad for this boat?