Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

July 4th Ski Show

MizzouMike

Sweet! Looks liek a boat load of fun!Thumbup.gif

BTW: Is a basic 3 man pyramid that hard? Just curious, I have no idea. And in your first post the 'aerobics' picture, What are you standing on?

Sweet! Looks liek a boat load of fun!Thumbup.gif

BTW: Is a basic 3 man pyramid that hard? Just curious, I have no idea. And in your first post the 'aerobics' picture, What are you standing on?

Looks like he's on an old pair of jumpers. Or what we used to call "show planks". Look in the second post third pic.

Mike, was that a double boat start? Hard to tell from the video, but the way he said "Greg just released that first boat" it made me think it might have been.

Also, what does "Honda, Honda five thousand four hundred seventy four" from the announcer refer to?

What's the boat lineup for you guys?

BTW, looks like fun. That's a lot of people in the show.

Edited by jk13

Tricky,

I am on the same skis as I am in the second post. I would also call them Show Planks, but they are not old Jump Skis.

JK

We did have to do a double boat pull so we threw a Malibu up front. You can see it at the beginning, then see it pull away after we get up. I do not have audio right now, but my guess is the announcer was mocking the total weight of the skiers. Our club owns the Twin Rig which has two 200 HP outboards and we own a little safety boat to pick up the fallen skiers. Club members volunteer to drive their own comp boats as needed.

That's awesome! Great pics Mike. I'd love to see a ski show live. I don't think there's anything like that out here in the desert. Thanks for posting pics. :thumbup:

Wow! That is great. You are lucky to live on a lake with so many enthusiasts, I'm envious!! No injuries, all went well?

Everybody is still in one piece

Are you members of a team, my sons and I are members of the Tampa Bay Waterski Show Team , and our dealership has sponsored the team for 6 years.

We are members of the Lake St Louis water ski club, and our Show Team is the Arch Rivals