Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Dumb Question....?

jahgs06

Ok, this is probably a dumb question but I want to make sure. When I fold the tower down, both tower arms fold to the rear of the boat? Also if so then I just found out that I am unable to fit the boat under a 8' standard garage door opening.

I have an '04VLX with a titan and fit in a 8' door. I fold the rear hoop forward. (it sits on a stand I built out of 2" PVC) and the front wishbone sits on top of it.

***When I had the door installed I asked him to configure it for max height.

You may call a door company and see if they can do anything to raise the track inside the garage for more clearance.

I'm assuming it would hit the door while open, not the header...

Good luck!

Well never mind on this question. I measured our door header and it's only 7' not the 8' I thought. Looks like I will have to remove tower to get it in for winter storage. Thanks for the help.

Edited by jahgs06

I have an '05 Sunsetter LXI with the same tower and, unfortunately the same garage height. I take the front piece off in the off-season, and lay the back piece on a few beach towels that sit on top of the cooler seat cushion. It's a two-person job, but not a big deal. I put some chair-leg rubber cushions over the fittings, and I hang it on the garage wall off of a couple of bicycle hooks. I've always thought about trying to lay it forward and do the PVC thing that Faceplant mentions. Faceplant is likely way more talented and way less lazy than I am (a hunch, but a very good bet), but I bet it works very well.

I figured on some crappy weekend I would try the way Faceplant does it and if no such luck just remove all or part of the tower for the winter time storage. Thanks again for the ideas.