Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

ACME 537 On 1998 VLX

I'm looking at an ACME 537 to use on my '98 VLX.

We don't run a lot of weight, by we do wakeboard with the wedge and sometimes ~1500lb.

Is this prop a good choice?

• 2 weeks later...

The prop tech guys will tell you based on your max rpm at speed. that came standard on my '09 V-Ride with the base LCR320. Good all around prop.

should work. That's what I've got on my vride too. Wouldn't mind having more out of the hole, and if I were buying a new prop I'd look long and hard at the acme fusion. Actually, I can say for sure that I wouldn't buy a 537 and would either buy a fusion or a 1235. We do a lot of surfing and I'd love to have a prop with more low end and would gladly sacrifice 40+ top speed to get it.

With ballast and wedge, the 537 will get you on plane, but it will take forever and will put extra stress on the engine. The Acme 1235 is a better choice if you are mostly wakeboarding with 1500 lbs of ballast. I have both props. I use the 537 most of the time when I am only pulling beginner wakeboarders and hydrofoilers. When I have better wakeboarders on the boat and need ballast and wedge, I switch to the 1235. There is a world of difference between the two. You need to drive a boat with a 1235 to fully appreciate the difference.

Edited by skyskier