Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Alternative Wedges..

SacRiverRat

Was catching some footage of Boardstock '05 on Fusion TV (not sure what night, it was on my TiVo Biggrin.gif)

Anyway - they were showing off the fugly (IMHO) Centurion boat they were using, and pointed out the 'revolutionary' wake foil that it had. It was from wakez up, and pivioted, and tilted... looked sorta odd - but interesting

I found a website http://www.switchbladewake.com/ I know we had talked about something like this before, but thought it was just some off-shoot thing, until I saw them talking about it on this show (not that it is now mainstream 'cuz it was at Boardstock)

As a side note - the footage of Boardstock was interesting. The water conditions sure sucked.. imagine that, sucky water at clear lake. Did look like they got the spectator boats under control - by stringing a long line from both sides of a barge. Allowed boats to back up to the line, and stay out of the boarding area.. that was a huge problem in the past.

Sure weren't many big names there, and they changed the format, so it is now a competition again. That was the cool thing in the past - Boardstock was just a great place for the big names to come out and show off - without really competing.

Anyway - there was some cool footage of the wakesurfing. They are getting good! Lots of cool shovits, spins, wake-slides.. etc..

gee they didnt talk it up at all did they.. :lol:

"is unlike anything else on the market"

"A truly unique device, the Switch Blade controls the wake instantly and can be operated from the boat’s console"

looks like a bent wedge to me... how close is that to malibus patent?

gee they didnt talk it up at all did they..  :lol:

"A truly unique device, the Switch Blade controls the wake instantly and can be operated from the boat’s console"

looks like a bent wedge to me...  how close is that to malibus patent?

Malibu doesn't hold a patent on the wedge.

Could they not get one or did they just not care to?

What I found interesting is that the foil will return to the #1 setting (of 1 to 7) when the rpm's drop below 1000. Then, 8 sec after they return to 2500 rpm, the foil is put back to the previous selected setting. This allows for a much quicker hole shot. Combine this with PP, it sounds like a something to investigate. However, $2500 is a bit expensive.

Could they not get one or did they just not care to?

I'm not sure as the the reason(s) why they don't have one.

What I found interesting is that the foil will return to the #1 setting (of 1 to 7) when the rpm's drop below 1000. Then, 8 sec after they return to 2500 rpm, the foil is put back to the previous selected setting. This allows for a much quicker hole shot. Combine this with PP, it sounds like a something to investigate. However, $2500 is a bit expensive.

I bet that is in the future with the power wedge.