Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Hot h20 shower?

My daughter was using the shower on Friday and the circuit breaker popped after about a minute of use. Anyone else have this issue or have an idea why it would overamp? KC

my guess would be the little pump has bad bearings they are porbably locking up causing the pump to draw more current trying to spin it, I have a fat sack pump that does the same thing, every once in a while I have take it apart and lube the little bearings. I should probably throw it overboard and buy a new one. :lol:

My daughter was using the shower on Friday and the circuit breaker popped after about a minute of use. Anyone else have this issue or have an idea why it would overamp? KC

short circut?

Yuh!!! think Tongue.gifTease2.gif

I would go with the bearing or the impeller is bad and sticking just like the bearing would do.

I had a similar problem, check and make sure the pump is wired to the correct circuit breaker. My blower fan was wired incorrectly and the breaker did not provide the proper current.

I had a similar problem on my previous boat. The pump was the problem - in my case the breaker was acting just as it should. Mine was a warranty item but should be a cheap fix in any case.

• 2 years later...

Old topic but I have the same issue, started late last year and continued last weekend.

Shower runs for a while and then pops the breaker. I've cleaned the screens & head and it works fine when it has juice.

Anyone know:

1.) How to tell if it's hooked to the right breaker? (how many amps?)

2.) Any way to use a multimeter to check how many amps the pump is drawing versus what it should while under operation?

3.) Are these pumps serviceable?

4.) Any other thoughts, this is getting annoying.

Thanks!

The pump should have an amp rating on it somewhere. If you use a multimeter you need to be careful. Most multimeters are not good for very high amps. I can't see it drawing much though.