Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Bow tank drain pump - where?

kc21

I have a 2006 Wakesetter VLX. The bow tank pump is inoperative. Where is the drain pump for this tank? I've located and identified the fill and drain pumps for all other tanks.

Thank you.

Hmmm.... how do I remove that panel? When inspecting this today I found no screws in the face of that panel visible from the walk through, nor any way to access the back of the tank from above. Perhaps the panel is held in place by fasteners accessible from the driver knee-hole and compartment under the glove box?

Remove all the bow cushions. You will see the seams for the panel. Pry it up and pull upwards. The panel should slide right up and out to access the ballast drain pump. No screws holding it down. I'll try to swing by the storage to get a pic of this tomorrow, if you still need it.

I hope my explanation makes sense. :whistle:

Remove all the bow cushions. You will see the seams for the panel. Pry it up and pull upwards. The panel should slide right up and out to access the ballast drain pump. No screws holding it down. I'll try to swing by the storage to get a pic of this tomorrow, if you still need it.

I hope my explanation makes sense. :whistle:

Yours doesn't have any screws because I saw no need to put them back in. ;)

IIRC, there is a screw on the top lip of the panel on each side of the walkway. Dig around in the carpeting to find them, pull them out then the panel should slide right up.

Yours doesn't have any screws because I saw no need to put them back in. ;)

IIRC, there is a screw on the top lip of the panel on each side of the walkway. Dig around in the carpeting to find them, pull them out then the panel should slide right up.

Heehee...ahh. :lol::thumbup: I agree. I don't think the screws are needed. It's a pretty snug fit.

Edited by mcbean7

kc21,

I'm not sure if you still need to see pics of how to access the bow drain pump, but if you do, here they are.

1.jpg?t=1278622404

2.jpg?t=1278622705

Work your fingers in here and pry upwards. Grab this piece and slowly pull upwards.

4.jpg?t=1278622705

7.jpg?t=1278622705

On the last pic, you can see the screw holes WG was referring to.

Edited by mcbean7
  • 2 weeks later...