Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Trailering 23LSV with the cover on

JerrysLSV

What is the word on pulling these boats with the cover on. I have heard the straps can flap in the wind and mar the gelcoat. Does a twist in the straps keep this from happening? I have not pulled mine with the cover on, but it might rain this thursday and I am pulling it to a lake about three hours away. Any advise or tricks are appreciated.

Twist the straps or buy plumbing pipe insulation or others cut a slit in water noodles and put over the straps. As per other posts if it is a CS (factory) cover you also want to protect the gel coat above the rub rail due to flapping.

Twist the straps or buy plumbing pipe insulation or others cut a slit in water noodles and put over the straps. As per other posts if it is a CS (factory) cover you also want to protect the gel coat above the rub rail due to flapping.

Many would consider a cover that straps to the trailer a non-towable cover. I did have one like that and used it for years with no problems. A better “towable” cover fits tightly around (and just below) the rub rail so there is little chance of it actually rubbing the gel coat.

you have the same cover that i have on my 21' -

like others said, put a twist in the strap to keep them from vibrating, and cut pipe wrap or pool noodles to cover them.

i use rope wrap velcro straps to hold the noodles on (from Overtons, about 1" wide).

I also added small brackets on the trailer to pull the straps away. They are about 2" wide and 1/2" tall, stainless, from Menards. Keeps the straps further away.

My next cover will be a towable one without these straps.