Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Mufflers/silencers

Hey all,

Getting my boat back together, fired it up, had water leaking into the bilge. Closer inspection showed the mufflers leaking. They are cracked on the surface, almost described as spider web cracks. You can push on them and see the water coming out.

Question is, are they repairable? Is it replacement time? Is this how they age, becoming brittle over time? How 'bout a source for them? Skidim has them.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated, TIA,

Archie

I'm not an expert on marine exhaust systems but I do know that you want your marine exhaust system working perfectly in these boats. Visible outer damage on the muffler may indicate inner baffle and muffler damage. I'm sure others in the :werule: will chime in.

Hey all,

Getting my boat back together, fired it up, had water leaking into the bilge. Closer inspection showed the mufflers leaking. They are cracked on the surface, almost described as spider web cracks. You can push on them and see the water coming out.

Question is, are they repairable? Is it replacement time? Is this how they age, becoming brittle over time? How 'bout a source for them? Skidim has them.

Archie

Archie, Not looking good, here some repair can be done, but as of right now I am still trying to come up with one for my boat, but no replacement one available. Would depend on the motor size and such, get a hold of Paul at Bakes Marine, give him your Hull number and he can find out if a replacement is available. [email protected], repair depends on the extent of the damage. Good luck to you!

Wannapilot

SKIDIM.com has some otherwise just do a google search. I have bought them off the internet before, no problem. As for repair, my '93' Echelon had the internal baffle com loose and I cut a hole in the side, repaired it and then re-fiber-glassed over the hole. Worked fine for years.

/Steve

Hey all,

Archie