Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

contuous beeping

My 2000 Malibu Response keeps beeping from the time I start it till I turn the key off. It just started last time I was in the water and kept going today when I put it back in. I just got the oil changed and all the gauges look fine. Any ideas why this might be happening?

I have the same thing happening with a 2000 Malibu Escape V-drive. The oil pressure is fine and it is not overheating. We have disconnected the wire to the oil sensor located by the oil filter and it keeps beeping so we reconnected it assuming that it must be something else. I am about ready to cut the wires going to the alarm under the dash.

Does anyone have an idea as to what might be going on?

Thanks

I have the same thing happening with a 2000 Malibu Escape V-drive. The oil pressure is fine and it is not overheating. We have disconnected the wire to the oil sensor located by the oil filter and it keeps beeping so we reconnected it assuming that it must be something else. I am about ready to cut the wires going to the alarm under the dash.

Does anyone have an idea as to what might be going on?

Thanks

I had the same issue on my 01 Sunsetter VLX. I purchased a new oil sending unit (bell shaped unit above the oil filter with a single wire) for $19 at the local auto parts store. I took the one off the Malibu and carried it in. They matched it up. I swapped it out and the noise is gone.

Sounds like a sensor to the ECM or issue with ECM. If you're gauges are okay then it is not any of the sensors/switches that control them. I think there are 2-3 sensors that send to the ECM. I know for sure the low oil pressure switch does and maybe 2 others for high engine temp and high trani temp. If you pull a wire from a sensor and you lose a gauge then you know what sensor it is. I think engine temp sensor is up on the front of the engine on mine.

I had the same issue on my 01 Sunsetter VLX. I purchased a new oil sending unit (bell shaped unit above the oil filter with a single wire) for $19 at the local auto parts store. I took the one off the Malibu and carried it in. They matched it up. I swapped it out and the noise is gone.

Thanks I'll try that. If I take my boat to the shop that actually knows how to work on Malibus they charge me a ton because I am a young girl. Got charged $350 to summerize and change the oil so I don't want to be over charged for a small problem.