Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

water pocket in rear storage

Dear Bu Crew,

I've only had my 2000 Sunsetter VLX for a few months, so I'm still learning it. While cleaning the carpets in the left rear storage compartment, I found a puddle of water in the pocket 'cutout' against the transom and floor. My boat was on a hill (facing upwards) and I thought the water would have completely drained out of 'that' pocket if it drained into the bilge. So, my question is: What is that hole (or trough) for, and does it drain to the bilge?

Thanks for any knowledgeable answer on this topic.

Those pockets are not drains. They are there for access to the bolts for the swim platform mounting brackets.

I'm not sure where the pockets go but, if they were full of water, they must not go to the bilge.

I'd say wet vac up the water and let the area dry.

I've noticed the same thing on my 03 wakesetter. I have no idea where it comes from. Someone suggested to buy one of those soaker "squirt guns" which I did. The problem was it's too big to fit into the cavity. I bought a small tube from the hardware store and hot glued it on the end. Now I can fit the tube in that spot and suck the water out. I normally get about 1/4 or 1/3 of the tube filled before emptied. The bottom line I don't like having any water in my boat.

Good Luck.