Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Bow tank not filling, blowing breaker

Stuart

05 vlx Noticed the bow tank fill pump is not working. reset breaker and it pops in 10-15 seconds but center pump keeps on working. do you buy the whole pump or just take apart and replace something? Pump is blue/white. Any suggestions?

Sounds like the pump is seized or the impellor may be stuck, have you tried pulling the pump out of the housing, sometimes dirt gets caught between the impellor ant the housing. pull it apart and see if you can spin the impellor easily. If it is shot, they are reasonably cheap to replace, about $50 for the insert.

Sounds like the pump is seized or the impellor may be stuck, have you tried pulling the pump out of the housing, sometimes dirt gets caught between the impellor ant the housing. pull it apart and see if you can spin the impellor easily. If it is shot, they are reasonably cheap to replace, about $50 for the insert.

mine did the same thing and i was able to remove the top and give it a spin. it was just stuck. it has happened a couple times over four years. hope this helps

I tried the spinning/cleaning thing and neither one worked for me. So I had to replace my pump ($60). It was an easy replacement though. I kept the same housing in place and just popped the new impeller in and crimped the new wires. It was less than a 15 minute job. Good luck

I tried the spinning/cleaning thing and neither one worked for me. So I had to replace my pump ($60). It was an easy replacement though. I kept the same housing in place and just popped the new impeller in and crimped the new wires. It was less than a 15 minute job. Good luck

:plus1: