Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

$30k-$40k V Drive

stroker-ace

What would you pull the trigger on? I am just starting to make plans for the off-season and I like to swap things...preferably swapping-up.

Of course I am partial to Malibu. 23LSV would be perfect.

What would you pull the trigger on? I am just starting to make plans for the off-season and I like to swap things...preferably swapping-up.

Of course I am partial to Malibu. 23LSV would be perfect.

Giving up slalom?

Use one of the Craigs list search aggregators and you can search all over to get a feel for price ranges/boats.

here are the sites I used when I was looking early this summer:

Oodle

Craiglook

InterNetTrader

OnlyInboards

BoatTrader

CallingAllBoats

WakeWorld Classifieds

IBoats

And Ebay

Believe it or not... in the end Ebay hit for me. I figured for sure it would be craigslist as that is where I saw the most turnover. So utilize your resources and GOOD LUCK!!

P.S. most of the links are already filtered on Malibu

One thing I love about eBay is completed listings. Yeah, someone may list an 04 VLX with no motor for $55K, but who's buying it?

Completed listings on eBay lets you see what things are selling for, not what they are listed for. You just need an eBay account to see them.

One thing I love about eBay is completed listings. Yeah, someone may list an 04 VLX with no motor for $55K, but who's buying it?

Completed listings on eBay lets you see what things are selling for, not what they are listed for. You just need an eBay account to see them.

Soldboats.com is good for that too if you can "borrow" a user account.

here are the sites I used when I was looking early this summer:

Oodle

Craiglook

InterNetTrader

OnlyInboards

BoatTrader

CallingAllBoats

WakeWorld Classifieds

IBoats

And Ebay

Believe it or not... in the end Ebay hit for me. I figured for sure it would be craigslist as that is where I saw the most turnover. So utilize your resources and GOOD LUCK!!

P.S. most of the links are already filtered on Malibu

I don't think I would follow Scooter's boat buying advice, look what he ended up with :Tease3:

I don't think I would follow Scooter's boat buying advice, look what he ended up with :Tease3:

In my defense I don't think any of those links are set up to look for mastercraft =P

Giving up slalom?

Use one of the Craigs list search aggregators and you can search all over to get a feel for price ranges/boats.

I'm not into slalom. I am into fast cars and I bought this boat for its handling and, yes, responsiveness. It is my Porsche on the water. Power wesdge and some fat asses in the back give us enough wake to skate, board, etc.

I actually bought this boat on CL. It was a barn find out in the country of East Texas. The exact boat I was lookning for in near mint condition.

I was figuring 04-05 23LSV would fall in that price range. I'm just curious as to what other makes might offer. I will be searching myself, just thought I'd ask here for conversation's sake.

Looks like mid $30s will get you a 2004 VLX in Dallas...asking price, anyways.

2004-ish LSV are still ranging in the $40s.

There were some very interesting Supras in the mid $30 range.

Looks like mid $30s will get you a 2004 VLX in Dallas...asking price, anyways.

2004-ish LSV are still ranging in the $40s.

There were some very interesting Supras in the mid $30 range.

That's crazy because I've seen several 07 LSV's go in the mid 40's lately...

Damn Ronnie. That is cheap. I see you are local. Who retailed it for you?

dallasboats4sale.com has 2004 23LSV in $40s all day long. People are really proud of their LSVs.

I am thinking about driving the boat up to Waterski America and see if they wanna buy my Response outright. They just don't have anything used on the lot that I want to get into now.