Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Mystere Euro F3

TNMYSTERE

Hey everybody,

New to site. Question is I'm looking at a 90 Mystere Euro F3. Good lookin boat, but from what I've read has alot of wood in it. Should I steer away and go with a 93 and newer, or should this not be a concern as it's in great shape.

Thanks fo rht input.

Its pretty hard to tell the condition of the stringers IIRC, either way it could be have a nice case of wood rot, but then again it could be like new.

I'd stick to the 93s onwards when fibreglass stringers came in.

If the stringers haven't already been replaced, just know that you may have to replace them while you own the boat. If you don't mind the work and cost of potentially having to tear your boat apart, then I say go for. I love the older ski boats. New ones are awesome too, but something about a mint condition old school boat is hard to beat!

martinarcher

The best thing to do is check the floor good for soft spots. Take a socket set and try to tighten the engine mounting bolts. They go right into the stringers. if they spin, the wood they are anchored into is rotten. If they are nice and tight they should be fine. I also pulled up the rear seat ans checked the stringers by the transom of the boat with a sharp punch for soft spots and rot. I found my boat to be super solid and well taken care of. I bought it and have not looked back.

Fiberglass is nice to have, but if that boat was well taken care of it will be great too.

I like my Mystere a lot. It was also cheap enough to make any floor repairs worth it. If i had more to spend I would have gotten the 93+. All fiberglass, could use a wedge etc.