Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

VTX flush

I have an 08 vtx with a 340 Monsoon and V-drive. When I run the boat on the trailer (to warm up the oil for oil an change), I only need to run water to the motor right? I don't have to run water to the v-drive do I?

Lift up your rear, center seat. Underneath, just to the left of center, you should be able to find the hose that comes up from the hull fitting & goes into the v-drive. You can put the garden hose inside that hose, or build an adapter using pieces you'll find at Home Depot. Heres what it looks like on my Vride.

hoseadapter.jpg

Lift up your rear, center seat. Underneath, just to the left of center, you should be able to find the hose that comes up from the hull fitting & goes into the v-drive. You can put the garden hose inside that hose, or build an adapter using pieces you'll find at Home Depot. Heres what it looks like on my Vride.

Bill I saw that a while back when you posted it. Thanks for the idea, I am going to put one together. My CEO was balking at $70 for a flushpro (at overtons, which is a still great deal for a fp btw). For $60 in my pocket I can loosen a hose clamp once a year!