Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Wakeboard rope - Which would you choose?

chathamsolutions

Which non-stretch line would you buy today?  

125 members have voted

1. 1. Which non-stretch line would you buy today?

• Accurate A Line $122 [attachmentid=2573]
    • Accurate X Line Mainline $109.00 [attachmentid=2574]
    • Accurate 'Jacket' series $99 [attachmentid=2575]
    • Accurate Fuse $80 [attachmentid=2576]
    • Hyperlite Tracer (Glow in the dark) $109 [attachmentid=2577]
    • Hyperlite Reginment $99 [attachmentid=2572]
    • Liquid Force Red Dragon Mainline $89 - no image
    • Liquid Force Spectra Line $59 - no image
    • StraightLine Thermal $99 [attachmentid=2581]
    • StraightLine Blazer $55 [attachmentid=2578]
    • Proline Fusion $120 [attachmentid=2579]
    • Proline Cable $95 [attachmentid=2580]
    • Nevin ropes - no image
    • I don't care about 'no-stretch' rope, I'll use anything
    • If there's one you don't see here, [B]dont' vote[/B]. Just post it below and I'll fix the Poll
    • I buy the cheapest Spectra Line / 'No Stretch' line available

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• WakeGirl

• chathamsolutions

• stusumm

• MARiley

What about the 75' Nash Watersport rope from....Walmart for $12.99!!?? That's what I'm going with until I can afford $150 for a peice of rope and a foam wrapped bar!!!

My A-Line floats... barely, but it floats. Maybe it just needs to get completely wet or it's more to do with the handle than the rope.

I guess I wish I was good enough to tell the difference between the top end lines Dontknow.gif

It's not about how the rope behaves when being towed as much as how it handles in the boat; coiling, twisting, tangling, nick resistance, etc.

Wow, if this is even remotely true, I've been doing it all wrong then.

Cut into the wake, jump & do a front flip/roll. If you have no line tension, what happens?

Cut out wide & fast, jump & do an air roll. Mid rotation, the rope goes slack, what happens?

I guess if your landing your tricks by using the Force, then line tension doesn't matter to you. But here on Earth, line tension matters a lotlotlot.

I'm using a 2 yr old Accurate bright blue coated line with 3 different tie offs (no clue what it's name is) & a 3 or 4 yr old Proline handle with Gator Grip on it. It's getting a little ratty & about time to replace it soon.

Stupidest rope I ever owned was a medium gray colored Accurate. It got run over in about a month. But my old bright yellow Masterline is still kickin around, even though the coating is long gone (coiling it up sucks).

Edited by Bill_AirJunky
What about the 75' Nash Watersport rope from....Walmart for $12.99!!?? That's what I'm going with until I can afford $150 for a peice of rope and a foam wrapped bar!!!

You are probably getting a lot of stretch with that rope. Wake board ropes are specially made to not stretch, to eliminate rebound effect. That is why spectra is the hot ticket, is doesn't stretch (as much). Also, you will want to keep an eye on broken strands on that rope, which means it is getting closer to snapping.

• 4 weeks later...
We love our A-line, but it does throw the newbies for a loop since it doesn't float, or if you come out of your board and the boat comes back before you get your board back on. Whistling.gif

I bought a Proline Diamond package and took it back when I realized it didn't float. I ended up buying Accurate Yellow Jacket with a Benny G handle... I thought that the Yellow Jacket line would float as it says that it has a core that creates floatation right on the package, but it didn't float when I used it yesterday. Fortunately the handle floats.

I don't understand why my Yellow Jacket line doesn't float and I don't have the guts to take it back to my dealer... I'll probably just live with it.

Why buy any line that doesn't float when they make spectra line that does float? I think I'm missing something.

Edited by smeagol
  • 4 weeks later...

I have had a Yellow Jacket for seems like ever. Never had a different rope, never thought about getting a different rope. It floats and has lasted through a couple boats now. I used a coated line yesterday for the first time and have to say I like the way it coiled and shed water. I really didnt like the way that it did not float! Made it difficult to figure where the handle was as it did not float either. Not that this was a big problem but just had not had to deal with it before.

Does anyone make a coated spectra that does float, not just kinda float?