Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Wakeboard rope - Which would you choose?

chathamsolutions

Which non-stretch line would you buy today?  

125 members have voted

1. 1. Which non-stretch line would you buy today?

• Accurate A Line $122 [attachmentid=2573]
    • Accurate X Line Mainline $109.00 [attachmentid=2574]
    • Accurate 'Jacket' series $99 [attachmentid=2575]
    • Accurate Fuse $80 [attachmentid=2576]
    • Hyperlite Tracer (Glow in the dark) $109 [attachmentid=2577]
    • Hyperlite Reginment $99 [attachmentid=2572]
    • Liquid Force Red Dragon Mainline $89 - no image
    • Liquid Force Spectra Line $59 - no image
    • StraightLine Thermal $99 [attachmentid=2581]
    • StraightLine Blazer $55 [attachmentid=2578]
    • Proline Fusion $120 [attachmentid=2579]
    • Proline Cable $95 [attachmentid=2580]
    • Nevin ropes - no image
    • I don't care about 'no-stretch' rope, I'll use anything
    • If there's one you don't see here, [B]dont' vote[/B]. Just post it below and I'll fix the Poll
    • I buy the cheapest Spectra Line / 'No Stretch' line available

I just sucks that it cost a C-note.

yeah, that part sucks...i'm glad i got a sweet-freakin deal from wakeside w/ reward points when they were worth 10%. i got it shipped for 75 bills!

if i ever needed a new one i wouldn't hesitate though.

Edited by madchild
  • Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• WakeGirl

• chathamsolutions

• stusumm

• obski

i have the a-line.  i'll never go back.  my friends have the accurate jacket and it doesn't stack up.  the a-line coils effortlessly, EXTREMELY stiff, takes A LOT to tangle, mine only has a knot because some one wasn't paying attention and an actual knot was tied.  grrrr.....  but other than that i would for sure buy another.  i almost forgot, it looks cool t'boot!

I totally agree. As I posted earlier, if you ever use the A-line you will not want anything else. It is softer and more durable than the SL thermal line, doesn't kink, and the plastic coating will not crack. The overall quality of this line will be obvious the first time you use it. I just sucks that it cost a C-note.

Damn! You guys just cost me annother 100 bucks. Mad.gif Man, this site is expensive!

I have the A-line.....great rope. The LF red dragon is similar. I paid $91 at a my local shop, so you should definately get a better deal than $122. Worth the extra $20 over normal ropes in my opinion.

I have the A-line.....great rope.  The LF red dragon is similar.  I paid $91 at a my local shop, so you should definately get a better deal than $122.  Worth the extra $20 over normal ropes in my opinion.

yeah, the jacket line is old technology. the a-line and the like are clearly here to stay.

I guess I wish I was good enough to tell the difference between the top end lines Dontknow.gif

It's not about how the rope behaves when being towed as much as how it handles in the boat; coiling, twisting, tangling, nick resistance, etc.

We broke a handle a couple of years ago & didn't have a spare in the boat. So I used the ski rope. Mind you, I'm not a great boarder - I can w2w, do some surface tricks & ride switch when I want to, but I hated both the handle & the rope. I felt like I'd been attached to a bungy & the handle felt like an iron pipe in my hands. It's not necessarily something that you notice when using it, but it sure is when you go back to a lower end line & handle. One other thing, we used to go through ropes quite often, but since buying the more upper end lines & handles they seem to last longer. I don't know if they're made better or if we take better care of them, but there you have it.

One other thing that I'll add to Stu's list of benefits is that they don't bring nearly as much water in the boat.

If you are having trouble coiling your rope, try dragging the rope behind the boat while holding the handle (does that make sence) to let it relax and uncoil itself. If you are doing several inverts it can get twisted and hard to coil up.

• 3 weeks later...
I felt like I'd been attached to a bungy & the handle felt like an iron pipe in my hands.

Can I get an AMEN?!

Man, once I got used to riding with my 17" handle, I can't step down to a regular 15" wake handle. I even bring my own handle on other people's boats. I know it's kind of cheeky but, it makes a huge difference in how I feel when I'm riding.

• 1 year later...

Whatever you decide stay away from the liquid force dragon mainline total junk. I went through 2 of them in a month, both snapped after the outer jacket broke. I now have a coated helium mainline and it's great..

• 1 month later...

Anything Spectra will do. But i must say, even after 3 years I am impressed with the coated spectra lines. They really do coil nicer than any of my previous spectra lines, so when it comes time to replace this line I'll definitely be going with a coated spectra of some sort.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Straight Line - Viper Line

No complaints as of yet, other than the fact its been shortened twice by the propeller. Good thing it came with (3ft, 5ft & 7ft) extensions.

• 4 weeks later...
I use a Spectra Rope from Bullet Lines. I like it.

I just bought a coated spectra line from bulletlines.com through their e-bay store "boarding007". I got the line for $40 plus shipping, which rather than paying the shipping costs, I'm going to pick up the line just north of San Antonio. I'll let ya know if I have any problems with it, but I havent been able to find and good deals on most of the spectra lines.

• 1 year later...
martinarcher

We love our A-line, but it does throw the newbies for a loop since it doesn't float, or if you come out of your board and the boat comes back before you get your board back on. Whistling.gif