Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Wakeboard rope - Which would you choose?

chathamsolutions

Which non-stretch line would you buy today?  

125 members have voted

1. 1. Which non-stretch line would you buy today?

• Accurate A Line $122 [attachmentid=2573]
    • Accurate X Line Mainline $109.00 [attachmentid=2574]
    • Accurate 'Jacket' series $99 [attachmentid=2575]
    • Accurate Fuse $80 [attachmentid=2576]
    • Hyperlite Tracer (Glow in the dark) $109 [attachmentid=2577]
    • Hyperlite Reginment $99 [attachmentid=2572]
    • Liquid Force Red Dragon Mainline $89 - no image
    • Liquid Force Spectra Line $59 - no image
    • StraightLine Thermal $99 [attachmentid=2581]
    • StraightLine Blazer $55 [attachmentid=2578]
    • Proline Fusion $120 [attachmentid=2579]
    • Proline Cable $95 [attachmentid=2580]
    • Nevin ropes - no image
    • I don't care about 'no-stretch' rope, I'll use anything
    • If there's one you don't see here, [B]dont' vote[/B]. Just post it below and I'll fix the Poll
    • I buy the cheapest Spectra Line / 'No Stretch' line available

1. Accurate A Line $122

2. Accurate X Line Mainline $109.00

3. Accurate Jacket $99

4. Accurate Fuse $80

5. Hyperlite Tracer (Glow in the dark) $109

6. Hyperlite Reginment $99

7. Liquid Force Red Dragon Mainline $89

8. Liquid Forc Spectra Line $59

9. Straight Line Thermal $99

10. Straight Line Blazer $55

11. Proline Fusion $120

12. Proline Cable $95

13. Nevin ropes

These were all I was able to find online. I know there's more, so post them if you want to be able to vote on them.

I generally go with the cheapest Spectra/non-stretch rope I can find.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• WakeGirl

• chathamsolutions

• stusumm

• MARiley

I bought the Accurate A line this season, and it is by far the best line ever! I have tried the thermal line and many others but the A line is still tops. It never kinks, coils effortlessly, and is very finger friendly. Add the Nevin Sanders handle and this is the best set up I have ever used, period. IMHO. Try it and you will not go back.

Don't know if they have any left but Tri-City Sporting Goods in Fremont, CA (Bay Area) was blowing out "A-Lines" for $60.

I'm a slalom guy so I go cheap on the no-stretch wakeboard ropes. I bought a couple of extras from Tri-City last time I was there so I'm set for a few years. Biggrin.gif

I used the Accurate Jacket this year and it is awesome. But I didn't pay $99. Crazy. Last years model from Grizzly Sports off Ebay for like $35-$40 I think. 65' with three 5' sections.

Looks like the Accurate jacket series is winning.

I've had mine for two years and am very happy with it. It is starting to wear but, I already went ahead and bought a new one for the day it fails. I found an unbeatable place to get one for $59. shipping included. Make sure you check you want the free shipping at check out.

wake giant

I have had the Accurate Jacket for two or three seasons and it has been great! That being said, I would love to try out the thermal or tracer... We used one down at ride the spot, and (as with the Jacket) if you coil them carefully, they rarely tangle...

JZ

I've had mine for two years and am very happy with it. It is starting to wear but, I already went ahead and bought a new one for the day it fails. I found an unbeatable place to get one for $59. shipping included. Make sure you check you want the free shipping at check out.

wake giant

Here's another source: Grizzly-Sports has the Blue and Lime jackets for $50...

We have the Jacket series and it's been fine to use but it still wants to tangle up when we coil it. Seems to work better if we coil it counter-clockwise though.

I have an Accurate fire jacket and it has held up well after one season. It is a great improvement over my old ski line. My one and only complaint is that Accurate says is it tangle-free which is totally not true. It tangles like crazy if you dont spend a half hour winding it up.

wake giant

That's a great price on that rope!

I'd still have my 3 year old 'Yellow Jacket' (which I really liked) If my *&^$%#% brother in law did not wrap it up in the prop...

So as Andy would do with his Ipod, I marched into Wakeside.com and ordered another. Biggrin.gif

As for coiling a stiff rope: make sure it is stretched out long and as you make loops put a twist in each one. Just like you were putting a garden hose back on a wall hanger. Don't even try to use the palm and elbow maneuver. It'll NEVER work.

Ya' have to be just a little smarter than the equipment that you are operating...

Biggrin.gif

Pat

wake giant

Here's another source: Grizzly-Sports has the Blue and Lime jackets for $50...

We have the Jacket series and it's been fine to use but it still wants to tangle up when we coil it. Seems to work better if we coil it counter-clockwise though.

Also a bigger coil helps.

I bought the Accurate A line this season, and it is by far the best line ever!.....Try it and you will not go back.

Then why didn't you vote for it? Dontknow.gif

The "A-Line" still has 0 votes. :unsure:

Cause I'm a dumb a$$ sometimes. I guess if you click the little spot next to the rope and don't press vote you don't count. Unless you live in Florida....I say it was a hanging chad. Biggrin.gif

I'd still have my 3 year old 'Yellow Jacket' (which I really liked) If my *&^$%#% brother in law did not wrap it up in the prop...

So as Andy would do with his Ipod, I marched into Wakeside.com and ordered another.  Biggrin.gif

As for coiling a stiff rope: make sure it is stretched out long and as you make loops put a twist in each one. Just like you were putting a garden hose back on a wall hanger. Don't even try to use the palm and elbow maneuver. It'll NEVER work.

Ya' have to be just a little smarter than the equipment that you are operating...

Biggrin.gif

Pat

Exactly. It will work fine for when you wind it, but you'll pay the price the next time you go to use the rope. FWIW, the Blazer/Viper lines seem to be a little easier to use in this regard than the Jacket series. That's just my own observation, YMMV of course.

So what's the dope on the plastic coated lines? They're supposed to last 'forever' and never have a problem tangling. I can see the no tangle issue, but will they last forever? - Assuming Pat's brother-in-law isn't around?

BTW - I bought a friend a Yellow Jacket a few years ago, when they first came out. And he's still using it. Great rope.

Until someone makes a rope that's totally different (like the plastic coated ropes) and it's proven to make a difference, then I'm sticking to the cheapest Spectra line I can find. SL, Accurate, whatever. I'll buy it.

I did buy a Nevin Spectra rope / handle combo for $99 at a boat show beginning of last season. It was all one unit, couldn't pull the handle off the rope, the rope went directly into the handle. We tied a knot/loop in it so we could use it as a surfing rope. Yep, strong guy got behind the boat and muscled his way into snapping that puppy at the knot. I then had to cut the handle off the rope so I could use the handle independent of the rope. We still keep it as a spare, but it's BUGLY now with all the knots in it.

Obviously the Jacket series is the dead winner.

Does anyone have first hand experience with the plastic coated lines? I'd like some feed back on how they work.

i have the a-line. i'll never go back. my friends have the accurate jacket and it doesn't stack up. the a-line coils effortlessly, EXTREMELY stiff, takes A LOT to tangle, mine only has a knot because some one wasn't paying attention and an actual knot was tied. grrrr..... but other than that i would for sure buy another. i almost forgot, it looks cool t'boot!

i have the a-line.  i'll never go back.  my friends have the accurate jacket and it doesn't stack up.  the a-line coils effortlessly, EXTREMELY stiff, takes A LOT to tangle, mine only has a knot because some one wasn't paying attention and an actual knot was tied.  grrrr.....  but other than that i would for sure buy another.  i almost forgot, it looks cool t'boot!

I totally agree. As I posted earlier, if you ever use the A-line you will not want anything else. It is softer and more durable than the SL thermal line, doesn't kink, and the plastic coating will not crack. The overall quality of this line will be obvious the first time you use it. I just sucks that it cost a C-note.