Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

G3 Tower

Living the Dream

For all you 2010 owners...if you install any tower speakers your dealer should have told you you need to upgrade one of the shocks inside the tower. The stock tower with no speakers comes with 2 165 PSI and if you will need one 215PSI I had them put 2 215PSI with 2 pair of pro 60's. This also depends if you lower your tower at all.

Hope this helps... :rockon:

And the springs don't come cheap either, we've had to upgrade a few and off the top of my head i think the larger spring was $60-80 if I remember right.

We had the upgraded springs and knobs on the G3 tower at the Seattle boat show (4 speakers, 4 racks, Bimini, tower mirror) and it was super easy to put a tower up and down. They did a great job with the G3 tower.

-Paul

And the springs don't come cheap either, we've had to upgrade a few and off the top of my head i think the larger spring was $60-80 if I remember right.

We had the upgraded springs and knobs on the G3 tower at the Seattle boat show (4 speakers, 4 racks, Bimini, tower mirror) and it was super easy to put a tower up and down. They did a great job with the G3 tower.

-Paul

If you never raise or lower are they necessary? Or I guess the better question is when is it necessary to lower the tower aside from parking it in a covered area?

If you never raise or lower are they necessary? Or I guess the better question is when is it necessary to lower the tower aside from parking it in a covered area?

I would get them replaced just in case. Depends on where you boat whether you have low bridges or you ever need to lower for storage in garage. Just thought I would share my experience

How difficult would it be to raise and lower a tower that has speakers and racks if they don't have upgraded shocks?

Depends on the tower Speaker setup. It gets really heavy

-Paul

Yes Paul the G3 Tower with upgraded springs make it so easy to put up and down. The G3 is a well built tower.

Thanks for supporting us owners with advice on the crew!!! You rock! :rockon: