Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Which Boom for an 03 Sunsetter LXI?

jibskib

The new (to me) SSLXI is waiting for me in another state, and I'd like to bring a boom when I head out there in a couple days. Trouble is, I can't seem to find a good answer on windshield placement fore/aft of the pylon when I search the manual/specs online. I know I either need the Barefoot International B202 or B204... thinking it is the 202 because I don't believe the windscreen is more than 8" aft... but wanted to tap the knowledge base here before i pick up the wrong boom.

The new (to me) SSLXI is waiting for me in another state, and I'd like to bring a boom when I head out there in a couple days. Trouble is, I can't seem to find a good answer on windshield placement fore/aft of the pylon when I search the manual/specs online. I know I either need the Barefoot International B202 or B204... thinking it is the 202 because I don't believe the windscreen is more than 8" aft... but wanted to tap the knowledge base here before i pick up the wrong boom.

I don't have a boom for mine, but the end of the windscreen extends beyond the pylon (probably by a few inches). I can measure mine if you tell me what dimensions you need. BTW, great boat. Love mine.

I think that I have the Deluxe Contour Boom (B202) for mine and it works great. You can call Mike Seipel at 414-964-3668 and he will tell you which to use.

Thanks for the help! I had called Mike at BI and he said there was a windscreen switch somewhere in that vintage of the SSLXi and thus the reason I'm sitting at home trying to figure it out. Sounds like the B202 is probably the way to go though. Skylon is on my radar now too.. hoping to track down a used boom if possible.