Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

MalibuCrew support for Bakes Online

NewMalibu

I pledge my support of Bakes Online  

121 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see Malibu continue with Bakes for Parts and Service

• Yes. I have bought parts/services/accessories from Bakes and have enjoyed the level of customer service they have provided
    • Yes. I have not bought from Bakes, but have heard great things about them and will consider them for my future needs
    • Yes. I have heard great things about Bakes Customer Service, and while I may not buy from them in the future (because I am a DIY'er or have another Malibu parts/serv/acc relationship), I think that they are an asset to the Malibu Boat community
    • No. I have bought parts/accessories/service from them in the past and have not been satisfied by their customer support
    • No. I have not bought from them before, and am not interested in supporting them

I know that there are a lot of people on this forum who have bought parts/accessories and/or service from Bakes (www.bakesonline.com). I also believe that most people have received great customer support from them.

I also know that Malibu Corp monitors this site, so i woudl like to show them what Bakes means to some of us, in the hopes that they will continue to allow Bakes provide Parts, Service and accessories for Malibu Boats enthusiasts and owners for many years to come.

If you have had any interactions with Bakes or have/would consider them for your future parts/accessories/service, please vote in the poll.

Edited by NewMalibu

As far as I'm concerned, Bake's is the only on line source to get the right part, the first time, for any Malibu.

And, I've done every lick of maintenance to my boat for the past 10 years myself.

Nice thing about Bakes is they have EVERYTHING you need for your Malibu.

yeah,

And then there's the custom stuff they do like the G3 (cheaper than OEM) tower knobs.

yeah,

And then there's the custom stuff they do like the G3 (cheaper than OEM) tower knobs.

The thing about the knock off G3 knobs is that have no middle allen set screw when you you need to tighten just a bit more than just hand tight. The OEM is worth the additional cost IMHO. The G3 is a heavy tower. For all you 2010 owners...if you install any tower speakers your dealer should have told you you need to upgrade one of the shocks inside the tower. The stock tower with no speakers comes with 2 165 PSI and if you will need one 215PSI I had them put 2 215PSI with 2 pair of pro 60's. This also depends if you lower your tower at all.

Hope this helps... :rockon:

I have not ordered anything from Bakes yet, but I am always impressed with how Paul responds to questions on this site. Same goes for Bill and his recent posts concerning the recent events. Coupled with all the positive comments I've heard over the last 2 years about them, I truly think Malibu is making a huge mistake with this whole mess by simply looking at short-term numbers. I have said many times, "it would be nice if we all could have a Bakes right down the street". If I was in that area and had that type of relationship with Bakes, I would certainly take my business to another manufacturer, after all, Bakes can still do your out of warranty service :thumbup: Just don't leave this site :fingerwag:

I have ordered parts for my last boat and the new boat from Bakes and they have always been great to deal with. :thumbup:

Great site to search for things i didnt know i needed as well :lol:

Can I just ask, why did we need another thread on this subject?

We needed a Poll....we need to add the numbers up :tease2:

Hey lady... you know it's all about the post count! (you knew that..)

:biggrin:

My goal was to have a more specific and positive thread around our continued support of Bakes as a Malibu Parts/Accessories shop. The other thread is very long and has a lot of opinion, emotion, speculation, fact, questions, etc and does not really have any specific focus or numbers on what we can do as a crew to show Malibu what we feel the impact of losing Bakes as an online store would be.

Thanks for the support guy/gals, I've always said that we would be nothing with out our customers and that holds true more than ever now.

werule.gif

-Paul

martinarcher

As far as I'm concerned, Bake's is the only on line source to get the right part, the first time, for any Malibu.

And, I've done every lick of maintenance to my boat for the past 10 years myself.

Right on. I'm a DIY'er too, but Bakes it a first stop online for me.

Have bought several things that I couldn't find collected anywhere else. Have also called for advice. Bakes is a great source for both.

My goal was to have a more specific and positive thread around our continued support of Bakes as a Malibu Parts/Accessories shop. The other thread is very long and has a lot of opinion, emotion, speculation, fact, questions, etc and does not really have any specific focus or numbers on what we can do as a crew to show Malibu what we feel the impact of losing Bakes as an online store would be.

To what end though? Look, I get it. But this horse has been beaten to death & well beyond in the other thread. If you think that having a thread like this will change the situation & magically make Malibu "come around", you're mistaken. To be perfectly frank, it's my opinion as a purely objective bystander that the Bake's supporters need to move along on the subject unless there is anything new to add to the discussion.

Please, no more threads on the topic.

To what end though? Look, I get it. But this horse has been beaten to death & well beyond in the other thread. If you think that having a thread like this will change the situation & magically make Malibu "come around", you're mistaken. To be perfectly frank, it's my opinion as a purely objective bystander that the Bake's supporters need to move along on the subject unless there is anything new to add to the discussion.

Please, no more threads on the topic.

I don't think any of the Bakes supporters are trying to change the decision by malibu (sorry, but wish what you want it's not happening, pen has been put to paper).

I think the motive of this thread is to show awareness for there online and servicing department to try and prevent the current contract from follwoing the the footsteps of the boat sales contract.

Could be wrong, but thats how I see it. And personally i agree. I think this thread has a very different motive than the other.