Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Oil Filter

Hey guys, Just curious if you can use a standard car oil filter instead of the marine substitute. Since these are all car/truck engines I figured car oil filters are readily available. Will this affect perormance, wear and tear or is it all the same?

BTW I have the 5.7L LCR Carb engine.

Thanks

I have always used standard auto oil filters. My Malibu owners manual suggests Pennzoil, AC and NAPA standard auto oil filters.

Hey guys, Just curious if you can use a standard car oil filter instead of the marine substitute. Since these are all car/truck engines I figured car oil filters are readily available. Will this affect perormance, wear and tear or is it all the same?

BTW I have the 5.7L LCR Carb engine.

Thanks

Really?

Do you have NAPA up there? NAPA Gold 1069 oil filter.

Nicky,

When you walk up to the counter to buy the oil filter at your local auto parts store tell the cashier you want to pay double whatever the price is of the oil filter. If the cashier asks you why you want to pay double, tell him because now you just turned it into a marine oil filter. :biggrin:

Nicky,

When you walk up to the counter to buy the oil filter at your local auto parts store tell the cashier you want to pay double whatever the price is of the oil filter. If the cashier asks you why you want to pay double, tell him because now you just turned it into a marine oil filter. :biggrin:

HEhe, sweet. Hey, a resourceful guy could make a few bucks "marinizing" oil filters for boat owners! Bet there are a few other parts you could make some extra cash marinizing them! :rofl:

I could stick a magnet to the side of the oil filters and tell potential buyers that the magnetism aligns the protons and electrons in a perfect chain and allows the oil to flow through the filter easier.